Author Topic: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure  (Read 138892 times)

Nicksey

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 70 mpg
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Hybrid EX Style
Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2024, 05:48:41 PM »
I have begun putting this information on every Honda related website and forum. I have also been commenting on every Honda advert too. I think it is appalling that a company that has built its reputation on trust and reliability, is treating something as serious as a brake malfunction so flippantly. We all expect some wear and tear, and some parts we know will need replacing at some point... but a brake failure that is now proving to be a prolific issue is not something they should ignore.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz mk4
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2024, 06:41:03 PM »
I am amazed by the attitude of Honda in demanding payment for the replacement of a part so fundamental to vehicle safety . As my Jazz is still waiting the delivery of its replacement wiring loom I shall see how it goes once repaired . It’s been standing at dealers since end of feb so see what issues that causes . The 3 year warranty expires end of august so if it’s trouble free I will extend the warranty for two years . Any gremlins whatsoever and I will be trading for a Toyota hybrid with a 10 year warranty .

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2024, 07:23:15 PM »
I am amazed by the attitude of Honda in demanding payment for the replacement of a part so fundamental to vehicle safety . As my Jazz is still waiting the delivery of its replacement wiring loom I shall see how it goes once repaired . It’s been standing at dealers since end of feb so see what issues that causes . The 3 year warranty expires end of august so if it’s trouble free I will extend the warranty for two years . Any gremlins whatsoever and I will be trading for a Toyota hybrid with a 10 year warranty .

I hope neither of us need to find out, but I wonder how DM Keith would respond to this issue.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2024, 08:38:50 PM »
I dont have any worry with DM Keith and i suspect they would fight for the customer on our behalf if needed . As you say Nicksey lets hope we dont need the brake issue appearing !

pauly58

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Hybrid Elegance
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2024, 11:14:50 AM »
I noticed on the tail gate struts stamped Made in China, I wonder if this brake simulator is the same, it's seems the usual story, not made in Japan, assembled in Japan might be nearer the truth. This is what has ruined BMW & so many of the European companies, using Chinese parts that are rubbish.

I was After Sales Manager at a Nissan dealer a few years ago, sensors failing all the time, the ones that came in Renault boxes could even fail again, genuine Nissan stamped Nippon Denso were fine. Renault destroyed Nissan.

nomis

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: MY24 Jazz Advance Sport Platinum White Pearl
« Reply #200 on: April 21, 2024, 07:06:53 PM »
This issue is really putting me off Honda as a brand. Last September I took delivery of a new Jazz Advance Sport originally intended to replace a 15 year old Fiesta. In the end it was the 10 year old Mondeo estate which went. I no longer needed such a large car, and the Jazz is great at what it does (though the Mondi was a much quicker and quieter motorway cruiser). I'm now in the market for a good used motor to replace the Fiesta (which turned 16 in March).

A relative has an auto Mk3 Jazz which is nice enough but feels gutless in comparison to the hybrid Mk4. As such I was looking for a good low mileage 2020 Mk4 but am now having second thoughts. Apart from a broken coil spring caused by a pothole (which was cheap as chips to have replaced) the Fiesta has never let me down. If it looks at all likely that I'll be facing a fight over a £2,000+ repair bill for what is quite frankly poor design or manufacturing on Honda's part then I'm going to look elsewhere.

Any car can develop a fault. The Mondi suffered a failed sensor on the high-pressure fuel line outside of warranty. It's how the fault is handled that matters. Ford used to throw in free AA cover with a main dealer service, so it cost me nothing to transport the car and myself the 100 miles from where I broke down (at 8pm on a Sunday evening) to my local dealer. The fault was fixed in 3 days and the dealer only charged for the part and the labour to fit it. They waived the cost of diagnosis (which included dropping and flushing the fuel tank) as a goodwill gesture.

I'm in no particular hurry, but if Honda doesn't issue a recall in the next few months then I suspect I'll be handing over my hard earned to a Ford or Toyota dealer rather than a Honda one. And unless Honda will confirm that later model are unaffected then the Jazz I already own could well be looking for a new home too.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #201 on: April 21, 2024, 08:46:40 PM »
Nomis, will you mention this to the Honda dealer?

I think we would all be interested to hear their response.

Spodric

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR I-MMD CVT 2020
« Reply #202 on: April 22, 2024, 10:28:19 AM »
Tinny's post about being banned is gobsmackingly awful. Getting legal advice on suing that Honda dealer would be my next move. The dealer deserves it.

Update:

I had to chase them because they are not keeping me informed, but Bath Honda told me today they haven't received the part that was due yesterday. It is now looking like Tuesday next week before they will receive it. The repair of my Jazz will get "priority" as soon as they have the part. Why am I not going to hold my breath ...?

Meanwhile I have extended my car hire until next Wednesday. It is difficult to keep track of the hire cost over the phone, but I estimate that I have racked up over £700 so far.

Update: While this forum was down (Hmmm?) I finally collected my repaired Jazz from the dealership after they phoned me on Tuesday 16 April. Exactly 3 weeks after the brake failure occurred. There was nothing to pay (£2k cost covered by the extended Warranty) BUT I received no Honda paperwork to show that a brake servo replacement warranty repair has been carried out, to add to the sheaf of service records that I keep. One minor grumble is that the Jazz was towed to the dealership in spotless condition; when I collected it, it was unwashed and looked a bit grubby, with signs of having been stored outdoors. That failure to wash the car before collection was poor customer service to add to all the general inconvenience. 

I have received an Invoice via email from the car hire company for 17 days extended hire. The first 72 hours hire (3 days) having been paid under the Honda Care / AA Relay Plus scheme. When I last spoke to the Honda Care call centre they refused to pay for extended car hire beyond the first 72 hours.

I had to wait 24 hours to be allocated a suitable hire car. It was a 71 reg Peugeot 2008 GT auto. I had insisted on an automatic hire car; a reasonable position to take, considering the Jazz is a 2 pedal hybrid. Next, I needed to use public transport (bus) plus a long walk in the wind and rain to collect the car from the depot, although I had a reasonable expectation that it would be delivered to my house. Silly me!

Incidentally, that 72 hour limited benefit didn't cover the second driver, so I also incurred 20 daily charges for her use of the hire car. In total I have paid Enterprise £883.25 including VAT for extended car hire during the 21 day period while my Jazz was off the road getting repaired. As I posted earlier, all my financial loss due to this brake failure is payable by Honda under the Warranty indemnity clause, so I am going to take this up with Honda, because they should reimburse my car hire payment outlay in full. Further update(s) to follow.

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #203 on: April 22, 2024, 12:16:39 PM »
Recently checked the brake  actuator repair/replace situation with my dealer (a large West Midlands main Honda dealer) and I am assured that any issue within the warranty period would be FOC.
She wasn’t quite so sure re repair outside of warranty, suggesting that it would probably be the subject of a Honda recall
Having said that, they have only had 1 issue and that was on the pure EV vehicle, not a Jazz.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #204 on: April 22, 2024, 12:47:02 PM »
That's good to know Kenneve. I have been pondering what percentage of vehicles had been affected.

Chis52

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz eHev EX 2020 Pearl White
« Reply #205 on: April 22, 2024, 02:07:45 PM »
Just had a pleasant surprise when I went to pick up my car today following the repair to the brake fault. I had been expecting to pay the labour cost but the garage informed me that Honda had now agreed to fund the whole cost of the repair, both parts and labour. It seems that they have finally realised that they have a PR problem owing to their initial response to this problem which clearly affects a significant number of owners.

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #206 on: April 22, 2024, 02:31:44 PM »
Fantastic. At last Honda appear to be acknowledging the problem.

Lincolnshire Rambler

• Approved Member
« Reply #207 on: April 22, 2024, 03:08:11 PM »
And so they should ! Its crazy to think Honda can try and side step such an issue in tbe first place ! Given the ever increasing complexity of cars manufucters must realise owners wont tolerate crazy unexpected awesome bills for parts that should last the majority of a cars normal life . Honda are falling behind rapidly as the likes of Kia are offering hybrid tech with 7 year 100k warrantry supported by enthusiatic dealers . And its not down to how much you spend as our local dacia dealer gives great customer care according to neighbours driving their cars .

Nicksey

• Approved Member
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2024, 04:04:38 PM »
And so they should ! Its crazy to think Honda can try and side step such an issue in tbe first place ! Given the ever increasing complexity of cars manufucters must realise owners wont tolerate crazy unexpected awesome bills for parts that should last the majority of a cars normal life . Honda are falling behind rapidly as the likes of Kia are offering hybrid tech with 7 year 100k warrantry supported by enthusiatic dealers . And its not down to how much you spend as our local dacia dealer gives great customer care according to neighbours driving their cars .

The Dacia dealer was my Renault dealer, and yes they were very good.

Cobb2

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2024, 04:19:47 PM »
Good to hear that Honda are covering the whole repair Chis52- as they should and for everyone else. As I reported before the Forum went down last week, Honda are covering all of mine and I have that verbally and in writing. However the delivery date of the part, according to the dealer, has been put back at least another week which is not ideal. I will contact DVSA again to see if they have had a reply from Honda concerning the issue and whether there will be a recall which should make it easier for everyone else who have had to pay, or are currently negotiating or are going to experience this problem in the future in or out of the manufacture's original or extended warranty. Even though some garages may be reporting just a few examples, my dealer  is still of the opinion that the numbers could easily run into hundreds and has already been said, we are just a small proportion of Honda owners discussing it on this forum.
I should also add that its good to get the forum back after a week without it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 04:35:59 PM by Cobb2 »

Tags: