Author Topic: window tints for rear.  (Read 4177 times)

degzi

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Gd1
window tints for rear.
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:33:07 PM »
I have a gd1 jazz and I'm considering getting some pre cut window tinting film from ebay.
Maybe a light tint - 50%.

The car is black, has anyone tinted their rear windows I'm wondering what the look is like, I don't like it where its really obvious, but a light tint might look good, anyone got any thoughts.

guest1372

Re: window tints for rear.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 10:28:10 PM »
The car is black
Looks good on a black car - my sister has one with factory tints, don't like it on pale or bright colours.

Tints with bubbles and low adhesion marks also look poor, not sure how much a professional charges but might be worth it.
--
TG

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
Hi there.

I'm Thinking of tinting my windows. Looked on u tube and the guides seem relatively easy.

As long as you keep the window wet until you scrap the window film finally.

Any other ideas from jazz owners. 

guest5589

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 08:28:21 AM »
Most insurance companies consider tinting to be a modification so you will need to declare it to them. I have been looking to get my Mint Opal Green Jazz's rear three quarters tinted to stop the sun glare from bothering my little one however the idea of even higher insurance puts me off.

Alternatively there are aftermarket sun shades available on eBay which are basically copies of Honda's own shades that were offered on Jazz.. They are the same shape as the windows and sit very securely in them plus they are removable so not really a mod.

JRHPNG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 Honda Jazz Sport 1.5 (The Hondarari)
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2016, 09:34:11 PM »
I guess at 15% mine are obvious... i did mine myself, use about 15mls of baby shampoo in your spray bottle. Makes easier and leaves no marks. Use a good quality tint and get a proper tint squeegy thing...

[attachment deleted by admin]
You only live once - Enjoy your life...

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2016, 07:57:27 PM »
Hi,
If anyone has any issues with insurance for tinted windows then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

jonathan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4SE
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »
Dan,

What's your views on premiums on tinted windows..... I very interested but don't want extra hassle...

Thanks Jonathan

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

• Trader
  • Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 03:27:37 PM »
Dan,

What's your views on premiums on tinted windows..... I very interested but don't want extra hassle...

Thanks Jonathan

Hi Jonathan

It all depends on which underwriter your policy is with. If you PM me your policy number I'd be more than happy to check this out for you before you commit!

Kind regards,
Dan.

Jeffyjazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz se sport
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 09:53:33 AM »
I bought a light smoke kit for mine as its the horrible light green colour but I had a nightmare fitting it. Used to tint loads of cars but the Jazz was a nightmare so I got in a strop and ripped it off.  I bought the precut tint but think it was too big.   Would have been fine if I had taken the windows out but gave up in the end

Tags:

anything