Author Topic: New exhaust?  (Read 1177 times)

guest8162

New exhaust?
« on: December 23, 2018, 07:23:05 PM »
Evening all. In the last couple of days I've been getting a throaty/roaring sound from my exhaust (I think), both from the drivers side rear end, and from the front end (seems to come from behind the front tyre).

If it is the exhaust, what should I expect to pay for a full replacement in the worst case scenario? Or what else could it possibly be? Apart from this the car is running fine with no change in performance.

MartinJG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Mk2 1.4 EX 2010
Re: New exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 12:31:03 AM »
I paid @£110 to an independent to supply and fit the middle section earlier this year. Timex I think. I believe it had a three year warranty. No longer have that car.

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
Re: New exhaust?
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 11:57:38 AM »
I wasted over half a thousand on different exhaust parts and labor over the years.
Looking back I'd just pay for genuine honda replacement one or custom made stainless steel replica
Long life exhausts quoted me £330 for stainless steel replica of original system earlier in the year
I had £200 stainless steel cat-back  system fitted before, but it was horribly noisy and on motorway journeys its unbarable, so I@m not sure how quiet custom system could be
genuine honda replacement would probably cost as much if not more, check linghondaparts website for original parts pricing
with aftermarket parts it's always paying twice at least in my experience

Tags:

anything