Author Topic: Obd readers  (Read 1688 times)

DesmoDan

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2008 jazz se cvt ge38
Obd readers
« on: December 19, 2018, 07:01:50 PM »
Hi guys . I've got the normal jerky hesitation under load and the standard fit rattle from the egr when cold isn't there anymore . This time though the EML has come on and won't reset itself.  >:(
So I'll be stripping it all down for a good clean out and a plug check this weekend.
I've just got one of those little blue obd Bluetooth thingys and a Torque Lite app. But can't get it to actually talk to the car .
Just wondering if anyone else has tried this as all the faq's point to the car not being OBD2 complient  ?
Probably should have said sooner it's a MK1 2008 CVT .
Any pointers would be appreciated. Dan

bus_ter

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006 Jazz SE
Re: Obd readers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 10:29:55 PM »
I have the same (cheap bluetooth dongle) and Torque Pro app. Mine connects and works great. I've used it to monitor coolant temperature and to show faults. If you like I can lookup the exact model of my dongle, but any should work.

DesmoDan

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 12:23:49 AM »
Thanks bus_ter
Someone's made it work so a  bit of light at the end of the tunnel .
I left the trade just before all this diagnostic stuff started , so I'm a bit out of my depth here .
My old box was full of hammers , 1/2 in spanners and for the high end stuff some feeler gauges   

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 05:54:12 PM »
Ours a 2008 Jazz, and one of the cheap chinese bluetooth dongles works fine - it's one of the small blue cased ones which are very cheap (often less than £3) from Chinese sellers on ebay. Of course you can only access the engine with OBD. In fact, I have a few ELM327 type cables and the Jazz works with all of them.

FWIW, I have also been playing  with an old version Honda HDS v2 clone cable, and although the Jazz is available in the software, it doesn't seem to connect to all of the car's systems. I believe the later, more expensive HDS v3 clone works 100%.

DesmoDan

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 09:35:18 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement guys. I'll have a better try at the weekend .

Brendan976

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk 1 Gd 2004,dsi cvt 1.4
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »
Hi, some of the Bluetooth ones do not work with the iPhone but will work with Android phones.
HTH
Ben

Tags: