Author Topic: New From Malta!!! Need some help  (Read 4076 times)

alancauchi

New From Malta!!! Need some help
« on: November 16, 2011, 09:30:45 PM »
Hi all,

I'm new here although not new to Honda forums. I'm transferring to this Jazz forum since I've recently sold my Civic 2.2 EX 5-door and am so missing it. Reasons for selling is that I have a company car now and it came out to be of no use and my wife couldn't drive manual transmition cars. She owns a Toyota Yaris, obviously Automatic transmition, but we're thinking of selling that one too and get a so much missed Honda, but this time a Jazz due to it's size.

Going to this option, also being bigger then my company car and also the Yaris, I had to end up in this forum so I will get some feedback since all the reviews I came across the Jazz in Automatic or better called i-Shift, were not that good to go for a Jazz option.

The only option to get a 2009 or 2010 Automatic Jazz is the i-shift.

How much can anyone suggest that the i-shift is not as BAD as they mention in all those reviews I can across????

I appreciate your help as this is a though decision to make since it is going to be the car my wife is going to use. Don't want any surprises whilst I'm at work :-))))

guest2662

• Topic Starter
Re: New From Malta!!! Need some help
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:03:24 PM »
hi and welcome i own a 1.4 ex i-shift 2010 model, this is the best car i have driven, nothing wrong with the gearbox once you give yourself a chance to get used to it i didnot like it at first now i love it, past car hyuandi i10 auto touota iq auto smart diesel for 2 auto nissan note 1600 cc auto , the jazz beats them all, hope this helps you, good luck. roger :)

alancauchi

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »
thanks for your reply... do you know if the one you have has been upgraded by the new software cause I'm now reading from some other reviews that the software has been upgraded and it seemed to make some difference on the cotrol of the i-shift itself.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »
As with most question regarding how does it.....
I would recommend you drive an i-shift for at least 30 mins around youer local town and then out onto a variety of routes, try a hill start etc .
The ishift was cheaper to buid hence the reintroduction of the CVT and price rise 2011.

Let the forum know how you get on.

alancauchi

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »
@olduser1 I will let all know when I go test drive it.

Until then

@boatman1234, do you know if there was an upgrade or not of the software, please?

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 02:54:42 PM »
sorry old user i dont know if there was a upgrade, all i can say is my i-shift drives fine, in fact its so good i very rarely drive in manual mode. :)

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 03:00:07 PM »
sorry last post was ment for alancauchi in malta. :-[

alancauchi

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »
that's a relief to hear that.... thanks very much, boatman.

I will go and test drive a couple when I find the right trim and I will let you know.

I'm thinking of going for the EX cause I really liked the glass roof concept in my ex-Civic EX.

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »
hi alancavchi i have the ex with glass roof if i open the shade in the summer in england i find it much to hot, its a lot hotter in malta, by the way have you heard of frank salt estate agents in malta? he is my brother-in-law.

Tags: