Author Topic: Good and bad points  (Read 4805 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Good and bad points
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2018, 06:09:06 AM »
The handbrake could be better (or is it just me?).
See other posts regarding getting the best out of the disc handbrake.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »
I agree. But disassembly of the pads and greasing with suitable grease all contact surfaces - as I did when I changed the rear pads- transforms it.

Brian_I

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 i-VTEC ES Plus 5dr
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2018, 07:28:14 PM »
Good point - the roomyness inside the car despite my 6'2" size.
Bad Point - the rear view mirror seems its almost too low down on the windscreen... 

DoobieNewbie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 CVT
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 12:12:01 PM »
So far, a lot of good point. I have the 2015 EX CVT without the paddleshifters.

The good, roominess and magic seat. I am surprised by the mileage I get from my fuel cost.

The bad so far is that the rear wheel arc does not have plastic cover/lining. I noticed it as I was walking around after having it washed. The front wheel arch does have plastic liners but the rear ones does not for some odd reason making it more susceptible to rust
 Okay, maybe there is a very little part of it that does but it is almost negligeable as it is so little.

nigelr

• Approved Member
  • 'Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.'
  • Fuel economy: 45 mpg
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 10:42:58 PM »
For me, the good points are the reliability, practicality, ease of driving, safety, and ease of parking. Bad points? I guess the engine is a bit coarse at high revs, but if driven smoothly even that isn't an issue. I do like the green eco lights which indicate when to change up and down.  This is my second Jazz, and it's a wonderful car. I wouldn't drive anything else now.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:09:59 PM by nigelr »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 09:11:28 PM »
The worst feature of my Mk 2 Jazz was the reflection of dashboard glare on the windscreen which was discussed at some length a while back. The extent of this problem appears to depend on the driver's eyeball position which in turn depends on driver's height and seating position. I just happened to be unlucky.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 07:51:41 AM »
The worst feature of my Mk 2 Jazz was the reflection of dashboard glare on the windscreen which was discussed at some length a while back. The extent of this problem appears to depend on the driver's eyeball position which in turn depends on driver's height and seating position. I just happened to be unlucky.
I just ordered a new HR-V (for delivery 27 January 2019).  Do you still get the issue John?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 08:43:53 AM »
I just ordered a new HR-V (for delivery 27 January 2019).  Do you still get the issue John?
My glare problem is much reduced with the HR-V - a consequence, I suspect, of a steeper windscreen changing the angle of reflection and the dashboard also being shorter. I also found the glare on the Mk 3 Jazz to be less than the Mk 2 but the big improvement came when I got the HR-V.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Tags: