Author Topic: Fuel Additive or Higher Grade Petrol  (Read 5462 times)

guest806

Fuel Additive or Higher Grade Petrol
« on: April 02, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »
What would be better to give the engine a quick clean, and additive like redex at the next fill up or, filling up with a higher grade petrol?
 ::)

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Fuel Additive or Higher Grade Petrol
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:03 PM »
I use comma petrol d-tox once a year

http://commaoil.co.uk/

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:57:43 AM »
A higher grade of petrol has more additives to clean the fuel system and injectors, and you will get more MPG to offset the higher price (also the higher octane rating means that the combustion doesn't attract the attention of the anti-knock sensor, which will retard the ignition if it detects certain frequencies of noises from the cylider head area - this reduces engine power).  My jazz 1.4SE loves V-Power or Ultimate fuel and feels quite a bit livelier, some of this effect last for a while after I fill up with normal (95RON) fuel and could be due to the fuel system / injectors being cleaner.

Supermarkets reduce the price by cutting down on additives, my wife stubbornly filled up with this cheaper fuel until I sneaked a couple of tankfulls of 'normal' petrol in and she felt how much better her car ran.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest806

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »
I asked comma the difference between their Petrol Magic and Petrol D-Tox and here is the answer.
"The main difference between the two is that the Petrol Magic removes harmful deposits from the fuel injectors and the carburettors whereas the Petrol Dtox works on lots of different areas including removing deposits from the fuel injectors and carburettors, combustion chambers, cylinder heads, intake valves, valve seats and the fuel lines."

Tags:

anything