Author Topic: Jazz Service Bulletins  (Read 5664 times)

guest5943

Jazz Service Bulletins
« on: February 10, 2016, 10:30:33 PM »
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a 2011 Jazz 1.4 CVT.  So far so good, am really enjoying it.

Was just wondering if anyone would be so kind as to link me to somewhere that I can check for service bulletins, also recalls.
Alternatively if you know of any service bulletins that might affect my car please let me know.

Thanks  :)

longlegpete

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Better Half's Jazz Sport 1.4 2007, MY Jazz 1.4 Ex 2009 And Another 1.4EX 2009
Re: Jazz Service Bulletins
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:01:14 AM »
Just go to the Honda web site and enter your VIN , it will tell you if there are recalls
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:04:35 AM by longlegpete »

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 11:39:53 AM »
I suspect that Honda service bulletins are only available to Honda dealers.
They may contain bits of technical information that Honda don't want the general public to know about such as minor defects that can be put right at a servicing.

Vic.

guest5251

• Topic Starter

MaxFrames

• Approved Member
  • Jazzman since 2004
  • My Honda: Mk I (2004) Honda Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S - manual transmission - Ice Blue Metallic
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »
They may contain bits of technical information that Honda don't want the general public to know about such as minor defects that can be put right at a servicing.

Vic.

Some of these minor defects can develop into more serious trouble. Take the infamous rear wheel bearings. In extreme cases this can lead to wheel blockage and fire hazard (had it once, not on a Honda).
That's why I wish there was an EU regulation to make such bulletins publicly available. Of course that would cost a fortune to manufacturers. But it's infuriating to know that there are well known (by the manufacturer) flaws that are covered by an extended warranty _only if the customer claims it_ which in turn requires the customer to know. And how do you know? By word of mouth, or the www equivalent of it. Subscribing to a forum let me know about a flaw in my Vespa GTS ignition pump that could lead to dangerous situations (sudden engine stop), and I only got it covered because I happened to know. The same could have happened for the wheel bearings.
At stake.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »
When I bought my Mk11 in October 2014, I had issues which were attended to after a little bit of forceful dialogue.  A few months later, I decided to check the two filters cabin and air. The Cabin filter was filthy and the air not much better. I looked in the service book and although there respective boxes for ticking all pristine with nary a mark. Just a stamp to say a service had been done on such and such a date.  I had to take them to task over the brake fluid not being changed as per the service book. Their reply was only work requested by the customer is done.   What use is a stamp to say a such and such service was done when half of was not carried out.  If they ticked the boxes supplied we would all be a lot happier and confident.  So I contacted the dealer from whom I bought the car and gave them a rhubarb. They then told me when these two filters had been changed. I hasten to add they needed doing.
I am afraid my reply was to ask them why had the service book not been marked accordingly and was it some form of state secret? They did not reply.
When I P/X my old Rover I gave them a ring folder with everything that I had done to the car. Receipts the lot No use as it wasn't stamped by a garage. So why don't they ( Honda dealers) fill the service book in? If I want to P/X the Honda for another make, it will be exactly the same situation because only Honda have the records. Another way to ensure you buy another Honda perhaps. I will be seriously considering taking the car elsewhere for servicing when the freebie runs out. At least my local garage will do whats in the book ( unless told not) and they tick the boxes to tell what been done.
Why oh why do car manufacturers have to persist in this stupid attitude towards the customer?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 05:32:18 PM »
There is an official Honda service sheet which should take precedence over what is in the book because it may contain updates. One example that comes to mind is the CVT oil change frequency where, in around 2012, Honda realised it needed to be more frequent so the service sheet says 2 years / 25k miles.

When I traded in my last Jazz I handed over all the service sheets to the dealer. Whether they reached the next owner is another matter.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest5943

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2016, 07:02:02 PM »
Thank you everyone  :)

Just checked and there are no recalls.

Looking forward to driving this car!

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2016, 08:28:56 PM »

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 12:58:12 AM »

That's why I wish there was an EU regulation to make such bulletins publicly available. Of course that would cost a fortune to manufacturers.

@VicW - Your suspicion is wrong - technical information is available to motor trade professionals*, not just Honda dealers.
@MaxFrames - They're sort of publicly available. Not free and not totally publicly.

There is EU regulation to make technical information available to "motor trade professionals" such as  independent repairers. It's referred to as the "Block Exemption Regulations" (BER). The manufacturers have to supply the info, but they can charge a going rate for it.

"independent repairers can obtain information that is both unbundled and priced in a way that takes into account the extent to which they use it. The websites chosen by the parties as their main means to provide technical information will be kept operational during the validity period of the commitments. Access will be based on time slots, with the price for one hour set at a level which ensures equality between independent and authorised repairers."

(from http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-07-1332_en.htm)

Here's an example of the tariff...

There are five options for subscribing to MaRIS Pay & Go:

10 Euro for a 1-hour subscription (excluding V.A.T.)
    30 Euro for a 1-day subscription (excluding V.A.T.)
    80 Euro for a 3-day subscription (excluding V.A.T.)
    350 Euro for a 30-day subscription (excluding V.A.T.)
    3500 Euro for an annual subscription (excluding V.A.T.)

Please note that your credit card company may apply a charge for foreign currency transactions.

So you can just subscribe for an hour and fill yer boots. I've done it once for Honda info and once for Peugeot info (Pug was 6 EUR for an hour). I know it isn't strictly speaking "publicly available", but it's not hard to be a "motor trade professional"* for an hour ;)

The website for Honda technical information if you are a motor trade professional *cough* is: http://www.techinfo.honda-eu.com/

(*) includes professional vehicle repairers, car clubs, roadside assistance providers, organisations offering test and inspection services, repairer training organisations, garage equipment suppliers.

MaxFrames

• Approved Member
  • Jazzman since 2004
  • My Honda: Mk I (2004) Honda Jazz 1.2 i-DSi S - manual transmission - Ice Blue Metallic
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 09:01:55 AM »
That's precious information, thanks.
But it's the *cough* part that I don't know if I can manage.
Anyway, I think these informations *should* be freely (as in "free speech" and as in "free beer") available to anyone.
Shall I run for the EU Congress?  ;)
At stake.

Tags:

anything