Author Topic: Honda Jazz 2007 Aircodioning intermittend.  (Read 1343 times)

JohannesM

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz
Honda Jazz 2007 Aircodioning intermittend.
« on: March 27, 2024, 03:07:17 AM »
Hi, the air-conditioning will work and blows cold air for about 10 minutes, then no longer blows cold air. fan and compressor are working fine. Clutch kicks in when switching on aircond. What should we be looking at. Unit was re gassed  recently.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
Re: Honda Jazz 2007 Aircodioning intermittend.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2024, 07:26:16 AM »
Hi welcome to the forum.

When it stops blowing cold are you sure the compressor is still engaged?  Borderline gas pressure/level can cause compressor clutch engagement to be  hit and miss. Or maybe it runs but the cooling performance is not enough to keep the condenser radiator cold for long. These are just suggestions. i am not an expert  :-[

Have you owned the car  long enough to know that any previous regassing has normally lasted a long time - years rather than months?    If you bought it fairly recently  then maybe it was regassed just before you bought it and the periods between you needing to get it regassed, and again having problems might indicate its leaking.   

I'd go back to whoever regassed it. They may do a pressure check free of charge,to disprove any responsibility, or in the hope of repair work.

In view of the age of the car maybe there are  DIY leak fix treatments and recharge options available in Oz  that might work for  any slow leaks.   
« Last Edit: March 27, 2024, 07:34:17 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags: