Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by coldstart on Today at 06:34:59 AM »
Now I’ve read of the following problems with the Mk4 Jazz:

Brake failure
Door mirror motors failing
Seat base sides cracking
Delaminating windscreens

I’m really going off the idea of buying a brand new one as these failures are on cars that can’t be any older than 4 years and most seem to have low mileage

In all fairness: Your list above shows the accumulated failures reported by a multitude of forum members.
This doesn't necessarily mean, that every Jazz is bound to experience all of these.

The only really concerning item on this list imho is the brake simulator failure!
I'm not so much concerned about the failure itself (********** happens to all manufacturers).

What I find very disappointing / disconcerting is that Honda UK (akaik) hasn't officially accepted liability for what is obviously a manufacturing defect on a safety-relevant part of their cars!

@Ninanina:  Please do voice your concerns about this to the Honda dealership and please tell them it keeps you from a purchase and makes you turn to Toyota! 
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by R2D3 on Today at 05:56:23 AM »
I haven't had a puncture requiring a spare for over 20 years, that one happened in Cornwall on a country lane after I'd passed someone repairing a wall, managed to pick up a nail somehow.

More recently our Seat Mii picked up a nail in one tyre but we didn't even realise for several weeks as the puncture was so slow, it was picked up when we had it serviced. The car had only done about 1000 miles so it was annoying having to buy a new tyre when the damaged one had done so few miles. Perhaps todays tyres are more resilient than the older type as suggested by Nicksey
Our Skoda CityGo came with a spare (deep under the boot!).  Surprised your Mii didn't.
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12345.msg105812#msg105812

Just my opinion but I don't like piggybacking on modern cars. I've heard of circuits shutting down when they detect the extra load

The option connector is difficult to find but Amazon Japan does have them. GR6, Fit and hardwire are useful search terms
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by JJazz on May 06, 2024, 09:20:49 PM »
I assume the Advance is the new edition of my EX Style, as it has all the bells/whistles listed. Does the Advance have diamond cut alloys and rear spoiler?
I think the Advance Sport (with diamond-cut alloys and rear spoiler) is the closest to the Style in the new range although there are a few differences. The Advance is the equivalent of the old EX.

Gosh,
the old EX. I only got mine in November 2022 and 2,500 miles on the clock. Ha ha
Thank you for trying to help - I appreciate it.

I guess a trip to the official honda dealer is the way to go as for now?
Cvt meaning it’s automatic?

Yes I am in park mode with hand brake on.

OK, I'm afraid that exhausts my knowledge. The Handbook only mentions the "Not in Park" possibility for that display icon.

CVT = Continuously Variable Transmission, which is the only type of automatic transmission available on these cars.
I can’t understand why the RH dial is not showing its normal menus, are you sure you have reconnected all cables behind the radio?

As regards your Ali unit, the Jazz is not always mentioned on the CANBUS setting but CR-V usually works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Honda fit hybrid spares
« Last post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX on May 06, 2024, 07:46:30 PM »
Hi.
If you have any issues with insurance at all for an imported vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on May 06, 2024, 07:36:05 PM »
Do you get 2 USB adapters for the existing USB ports in your car? (The arm pit one and under the radio )
You get one adapter but you can easily acquire another for a few pounds on Ali.

You will also need an adapter for the factory GPS  connector which should be behind your dashboard even if you don’t have NAV. This is a GT5 plug to SMA plug, available from Amazon for £11.

There is no cable available (at least I can’t find one) to convert the DAB antenna cable in the Honda loom to an SMA connector if you choose to purchase & use a USB DAB adapter.

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: New Head Unit/Infotainment
« Last post by UKjim on May 06, 2024, 07:31:06 PM »
Is the following AliExpress link the correct unit?

https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExlGWN1

Thanks for the attached picture with the labels - is this the back of the JOYING unit or the OEM Honda HU?

Will check for any YouTube videos of the JOYING unit  :)
The link is correct.

The picture is the rear of an Honda unit so you can show them what you have & they can configure your new headunit & provide the correct CANBUS adapter.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything