Author Topic: Dash cam  (Read 6075 times)

Miles Right

• Approved Member
Dash cam
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:19:08 PM »
Hi Has anyone fitted a dash cam in a new Jazz? If so, how easy, where on the windscreen, and what sort of camera?Does the large plastic bump housing all the detectors etc make it difficult?
Thanks

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Dash cam
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:28:50 PM »
I had a Nextbase, mounted low down in the centre of the screen, hid the cable easily in the dash moulding, but I had either a Monday morning or Friday afternoon job as it has chewed up two 32gig card's.
So Mr Nextbase if you're reading this I'd like a refund please.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »
At the risk of going slightly off-topic, it's always seemed a little odd that we have a car with a built-in forward-facing camera, and an Android tablet on the dash that's capable of displaying and (presumably) recording video, but the two aren't linked together to create an integrated dashcam. Missed opportunity there.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 07:12:38 PM »
Totally agree with you ColinB.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 09:01:07 PM »
At the risk of going slightly off-topic, it's always seemed a little odd that we have a car with a built-in forward-facing camera, and an Android tablet on the dash that's capable of displaying and (presumably) recording video, but the two aren't linked together to create an integrated dashcam. Missed opportunity there.
I agree. Honda could have made the use option and left it to the user to supply the SD card. The situation is made worse because the built-in camera (and other gizmos) are occupying the best place to put a dash cam where it doesn't block the driver's view. When I the Mk 3 I put the dashcam just to the left of the gizmo housing but it wasn't within the area covered by the wipers as it would otherwise intrude on the front passenger's view.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2017, 09:30:07 AM »
One option is to stick an adhesive sat nav disc to the black painted area of the screen to the right of the cars camera pod. If black double sided trim tape is used it is almost invisible from the outside of the car. The dash cam can be attached to this with its suction mount.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:11:40 PM by Deeps »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »
I bought one of these. The pads it came with allowed me to glue it to the camera housing behind the rear view mirror where it was barely visible from the driver's seat and had an excellent view of the road.

Unfortunately I had to send it back for a refund as it had a bug and would only record until the SD card was full.

Tags:

anything