Author Topic: Any rust issues on mk3 Jazz?  (Read 5608 times)

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Any rust issues on mk3 Jazz?
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 01:08:59 PM »
I think it's been over 20 years since I've owned a car that rusted. It was a concern of mine when I was first starting out as a car owner but once the Japanese marques showed British Leyland that rust wasn't mandatory it has ceased to be a problem. I'm honestly shocked that someone these days is even asking about rust. The only thing that shocks me more is that someone with a Mk3 apparently does have rust. I hope they've contacted Honda because surely they will want to take the car back to have it analysed. Possibly by NASA.

Twd99

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 2016
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2018, 03:28:58 PM »
Many years ago, I owned the VW Golf, I think it's the MK2. It has rust and took back to the dealer, they asked all sorts of questions like: how often was it washed?, what was used as the detergent?, what type of sponge was used?, What wax was used? How much hand pressure was applied etc...
Despite their extensive rust warranty I never managed to claim.

Regarding to the current Jazz, I will sand it down and apply a touch up paint. I don't think I will wants to waste my time..

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 10:44:07 PM »
i got some rust leaching off the underside of my transmission mount onto my paintwork

Tags: