Author Topic: New member  (Read 2631 times)

guest910

« on: June 02, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »
Hi

Just thought I would introduce myself. Bought a Jazz on saturday and just waiting for the transfer of my plate before I collect it. Got the 1.4 DSI sport in blue. Bit of a change from my last car. Still have for a week an 04 Civic Type R, but due to high running costs and the downturn in business I have had to go for something cheaper to run. Also my wife will be using it and she is getting rid of her DC5 at the end of the month. You can see we are Honda nuts  :D

Going to be getting Halfords to fit the IO play as I dont fancy trying to change the stereo as it looks a little difficult, but I wondered if any of you guys changed the filter. Either a K&N drop in filter or a new one altogether? I have looked online and ARC do one but its £450 and a little too expensive. I used to have an AEM on the civic but I cant seem to find one to fit the jazz or fit. Am I going to struggle as its not the norm to mod a Jazz or do you guys know of any

Thanks, Z  8)

guest806

• Topic Starter
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 07:51:37 PM »
Hi and welcome.  You can see from the other posts I'm currently looking replacing my air filter for a K&N drop in.  According to the K&N site the type they recommend isn't the correct shape but i think the one they have for the Fit (Jazz by another name) will fit.  I'm just trying to seek confirmation before buying it. 

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 11:17:02 PM »

The jazz isn't really 'modded' here in the UK. Might have something to do with the fact we don't in the UK have the 1.5 vtec engine that available elsewhere in the world.

I don't think putting a 'performance' air filter in is gonna make a difference to the performance. Its not really that type of engine or car

guest910

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 02:41:42 PM »
Cheers for the replies guys. Will wait to here on the drop in filter. Its always one less thing to worry about as you dont have to pay Honda to service that part. Not looking for power gains as I know its minimal on most cars let alone a 1.4  :D

Its a shame we dont get the 1.5 here but I keep getting people asking if we would drop a K20 engine in it. Don't think they quite get the 'keeping running costs down'

To be honest, it does 70 and is comfy. Love the way the rear seats work, great for bikes and stuff. Something I struggled with the civic, one bike and thats your lot!  ::)

Tags:

anything