Author Topic: Loan car different  (Read 2192 times)

chrisv

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 cvt jazz
Loan car different
« on: February 12, 2019, 10:37:25 AM »
Hi, just dropped off my 2011 cvt for a major service and collected a 17 reg cvtall bells and whistles loan jazz. Didn't worry about all the extra electric gizmos and built in sat nav but noticed that the engine etc. Is very noisy and road noise is intrusive, I take it they have reduced the soundproofing? Also noticed the transmission is jerky compared to mine, glad I haven't bought it, I'll be glad to get mine back. Are they all like this now or is it just this one?
Chris

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Loan car different
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »
It may just be a dog, hence the reason it is loaned out!

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 12:40:41 PM »
The one thing I noticed about my Mk3 is that the engine is a bit "tappety" in very cold weather just after start up. This wasn't an issue on either of my Mk2s.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 05:39:46 PM »
The extra noise might be caused by the ECU revving the engine to get out of Atkinson cycle mode each time you want to accelerate. However, once the vehicle is up to speed the engine shouldn't be noticeably noisy.

Another possible factor if the vehicle is the EX is the bigger wheels and skinny tyres worsen the ride. This, and the tyre type, may also increase the road noise.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 02:41:37 PM »
I had a brand new Jazz courtesy car last Sept when took daughter's car in (she won't go to the dealer any more).

I was amazed at how "cheap" it felt, and it was certainly noisy.

Not the way to encourage owners to upgrade their existing car.   Mind you, the dealer had (un-asked for) told me I'd be having a HR-V, which I was looking forward to trying without any sales pressure.  I asked why I wasn't having that and they just shrugged.

MicktheMonster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 jazz 1.3S, 2009 Civic 2.2D SE
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
Engines seem to be noisier nowadays, last week I had a Vauxhall Astra 1.0 turbo petrol hire car, it drove well but was so noisy I was convinced it was a diesel till I refuelled it to hand it back, I also found Ford Ecoboost engines to be quiet raucous, I also found you had to work them fairly hard to unleash the power, so all in, not much difference from the latest Jazz really.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 04:02:23 PM »
Other daughter has a 3 cyl 1 litre engined SEAT Ateca - seems a lot of car for such an engine but it goes OK and the engine is very quiet, all but silent in the car.

It was against that car that I was interested to try the HR-V.  It's extremely unlikely she'd have gone for the HR-V but it never even got a chance.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2019, 05:48:03 PM »
I had a brand new Jazz courtesy car last Sept
I had a brand new Jazz on loan last September too. It had less than 350 miles on the clock, but it was exceedingly quiet and very smooth. Mind you, I only have a Mk 1 to judge by.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 09:03:20 AM »
Same here. Our kid got a Mk3 CVT Jazz as a hire car. A 15 mile trip on urban roads and motorway left me very impressed. Smooth, quiet and refined. In a restrained metallic grey it even looked good.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 02:11:31 PM »
Same here. Our kid got a Mk3 CVT Jazz as a hire car. A 15 mile trip on urban roads and motorway left me very impressed. Smooth, quiet and refined. In a restrained metallic grey it even looked good.

That's the car and colour I have  ;D

Tags:

anything