Author Topic: Horn Relay Location  (Read 2942 times)

guest7643

Horn Relay Location
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »
Hello all,

We've a problem with the horn on our 2011 (11) Jazz 1.4 SE - I think it is something to with the relay.  Problem is I am struggling to locate the relay - can someone help me out with which one it is?

Thanks.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
Re: Horn Relay Location
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 03:59:28 PM »
Looking at the online manual, the position of the relay is ambiguous it does not appear to be in the underdash fuse box. It is shown somewhere inside the car.
Have you checked the fuse or the  horns? They are behind the Honda badge on the grill and I had to replace mine. They are subject to all sorts of crap from the road. It might just be a broken/corroded wire

guest7643

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 08:51:12 PM »
Thanks
We actually have the opposite problem - the horn occasionally sticks on constantly. I was looking to check the relay condition and also to be able to remove it as an emergency roadside repair if it happens again.

Removing the fuse also takes out other items... Including the break lights.

I have now temporarily disconnected the wires from the horns themselves.

Using a test lamp I now know the horns is not on.

I can hear a relay pickup near the underdash fuse box when the horn buttons are pressed. But it doesn't seem to be any of the relays you can access from the front.

Any ideas?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 09:28:55 PM »
I have a Mk1, and the Haynes manual shows the horn relay in the under bonnet fuse box!

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »
Being the anorak I am I decided to try Google.
It came up with entries on Club Jazz Feb 27th 2013 where it does list problems with horns. I am sorry I do not know the procedure to access this quickly perhaps a more learned member might be able to help.
Nowhere can I find the location of the relay BUT your problem  might be the horn push. Has your driver air bag been replaced lately?  If it has I suggest the dealer that did the job can sort the problem out FOC Unfortunately if it is the horn push then it means a lot of extra care if you tackle it yourself due to the airbag. I would strongly recommend reading the online manual before tackling the area of the steering wheel. Jocko is quite correct re the fuse box under the bonnet. Fuse number 3 on the battery is a 20a that is for the horn and hazard lights.
Good luck

Tags: