Author Topic: Rear door windows steaming up  (Read 4294 times)

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
Re: Rear door windows steaming up
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2018, 09:52:29 AM »
Our Jazz gets damp through lack of use and the air-con being not worth repairing. The other night after only two hours the condensation froze up on the inside! I must investigate the cabin filter though. I suspect that won't have been changed in many a year.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 09:54:19 AM »
Air con? What's that? One of the things I miss most about my Jazz.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2018, 10:28:11 AM »
If you follow Culzeans excellent remedy, make sure you put some paint on the bare metal otherwise the metal mice will move in.

Yeah, a bit of zinc paint and / or hammerite won't go amiss.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Michaelflat1

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.4 SE 2007
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 01:27:22 PM »
Check for water inside the car, you don't want any leaks.
As for HVAC, set to outside (fresh air) and keep it on speed 2. If there's no leaks then it should not mist up at all. Check the spare wheel well for water. Some have found a swimming pool there!
If you have airconditioning then outside air and ac on will do the trick and use the heat to "reheat" the air. You may get away with speed 1 here with ac on.

Here are some temperature observations:
10+c can require air conditioning to demist in rain.
5-10c can do either, aircon can help you drop the fan speed.
Below 5c air conditioning is less effective, if you have it you can still run it but to save a bit of fuel, put it off and use the fan at a higher speed.

ALWAYS use fresh air mode, the only times it is supposed to be used are these:
Air pollution (outside stinks)
Fast airconditoning (re-conditioning cool air enhances ac performance).

And in general have the fan on all the time, it should be silent enough on speed 1. There is a large difference between off and 1. It really slows down the misting.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 01:36:30 PM »
If the car is really wet inside then aircon + recirculate can actually dry it out quicker because it is not having to deal with new moisture drawn in in from outside (just like in hot weather initial cool from re-circulation is better because it is not drawing in hot air from outside - it will be drawing in already cooled air from inside the car).  If you substitute heat for moisture in previous statement the aircon will be dealing with already partially dried air and drying it even more, it can make the inside of the car much drier on recirculate (too dry for my sinuses,  I have tried it LOL).

One of the reasons I don't use 'auto' climate control setting very often is that it often turns the fan speed down so low that the inside of car feels stuffy,  and I like to choose which vents the air comes out of as well.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything