Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 5387 times)

guest5079

Insurance
« on: April 06, 2015, 05:10:59 PM »
I have just read Dr Shockers experience with  BMW versus Jazz. I sincerely hope he has recovered. I have stuck my twopenneth in about Insurance on several posts BUT after reading about Dr Shockers experience I find the modern attitude to NO INSURANCE by our political masters and the Judiciary a bit much. It seems it is no longer considered to be the serious offence it is.  A few years ago, when I wore a posh blue suit with silver buttons and a funny hat, Insurance or the lack of it was a serious matter.  I recall one morning going to deal with an accident Cortina  v Sierra. The lady driver, like Dr Shocker was minding her own business when from the opposite direction came a Sierra overtaking on a bend. Head on collision. The driver of the Sierra was racing his mate. The lady driver, fortunately was supervised by a passing nurse who had the foresight to insist on a collar, was VERY  badly injured. At A & E it was discovered she had a broken neck. The Lady spent 6 mths on her back until the neck healed BUT as she was so badly injured the fractureS of her legs had not be attended to. When the Lady was moved the untreated legs basically fell apart.  Meanwhile, I was trying to sort out the mess of the driver. Under 20, the car was a company car issued to Father who had given permission to the son. We could not prove racing on the highway, however when push came to shove the insurers of the Sierra refused to cover the driver, as he was not employed by the company. The Father was completely oblivious of his and son's misdeeds and was quite awkward, to say the least. What was plod doing harrassing his son. Well when it was all spelled out, attitudes did change. I make no excuse for putting a bit of pressure on Driver/Father and the company Insurers. Eventually the Insurers thought it better to magic cover for the boy racer as the alternative was put to them about civil cases being supported by the police. I won't go into the implications. I met the Lady driver some years later, still on crutches still very poorly BUT I did get a thank you as the Insurers had played the white man. The boy, well he was lucky not to go to prison. The Lady she was on her way to the shop to get some milk. Very Very expensive milk.  The really sad matter is that Family had Tragedy after Tragedy. This is why you will get me banging on about Insurance. I don't altogether like Insurance companies but they are a necessary evil as Dr Shocker can confirm. I also have a problem in understanding why young drivers are the way they are when the driving test is supposedly tougher than in days of yor.

Tags:

anything