Author Topic: Unknown component in passenger footwell  (Read 1668 times)

guest7027

Unknown component in passenger footwell
« on: March 13, 2018, 08:33:57 AM »
Hi all, I don't have a photo to hand yet but was just wondering if anyone knows by description what this part is:

Description: in passenger foot well, bottom right corner at the back (closest to engine bay from interior), there is a white plastic bottle/container with a small tube like feature coming out of it with a screw in.

To me it looks like something do with the HVAC system but can't see it in the workshop manual.

Anyway I only ask as I was having a nosey round that side of the car this morning and noticed a small drop of water coming out of the part with the screw in.

I've dried it off to see if its just a one off thing. Carpets surround this are all completely dry so I do not think it is a major leak or maybe not even a leak at all.

Was just wondering as to what this component is and what system it is part of. Looks to me as though the tube thing with screw in could well be some sort of pressure relief/drain off/bleeding valve like you would get on a radiator (in your home not car).

Trebor

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: I vtec es auto 2012
Re: Unknown component in passenger footwell
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 08:22:52 AM »
I think you sould take it to the garage,you last had work done to it,it sounds like they have bled someing and left the bleed bottle there.

guest7027

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:34:01 AM »
It is attached to the car and is fixed behind the plastic panels so I believe it is meant to be there - looks integral to the build so I don't think it is something that has been left in.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 12:44:07 PM »
There's an expansion bottle for the cooling system - off the top of my head I don't know where that it, but surely it must be within the engine compartment.

Intrigued to know what you've found!

Tags:

anything