Author Topic: Upsetting sight.  (Read 1117 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Upsetting sight.
« on: June 23, 2018, 01:08:32 PM »
I came upon an upsetting sight, today while driving along a fairly busy country B road. A young fox cub had been knocked down in the carriageway, but what made it particularly upsetting was its young brother or sister refused to leave the body, and was dodging round the cars, just waiting on its turn to come. My wife was really upset. If there had been a safe place to stop and park I would have lifted the body and put it in the field. At least then its sibling would have had a chance. However, as it is a twisty road, with banks at the side I didn't get the chance.
Some of you may be thinking, good riddance to vermin, but all I saw was a young life lost and another at serious risk.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Upsetting sight.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2018, 01:23:38 PM »
I'm with you.
As you said made more distressing by its sibling not knowing why its pal won't get up.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 01:25:52 PM by trebor1652 »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Upsetting sight.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2018, 10:13:03 PM »
I came upon an upsetting sight, today while driving along a fairly busy country B road. A young fox cub had been knocked down in the carriageway, but what made it particularly upsetting was its young brother or sister refused to leave the body, and was dodging round the cars, just waiting on its turn to come. My wife was really upset. If there had been a safe place to stop and park I would have lifted the body and put it in the field. At least then its sibling would have had a chance. However, as it is a twisty road, with banks at the side I didn't get the chance.
Some of you may be thinking, good riddance to vermin, but all I saw was a young life lost and another at serious risk.

Moving story Jocko and shows that many animals have feelings of loss and distress.

Tags: