Author Topic: New owner, is it worth getting the service plan and Hondacare package  (Read 7861 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: New owner, is it worth getting the service plan and Hondacare package
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2018, 10:29:13 AM »
The only downside is that they try to get you in early so in essence the plan is shorter. I'm currently 3 months early because it's progressively been brought forward. And you do also get a discounted mot by taking out the plan

Interesting because my car had it's first service in January last year but it wasn't actually due until March. I aim to edge the annual service back to the March anniversary over the next 2 services always ensuring I stick with any deadlines. The mileage won't be an issue (3,000 ish pa) so it will only be the time. 3 weeks next year and another 3 weeks the year after.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2018, 07:14:26 PM »
It is cheaper for dealer to skip the 'service' and then deal with the limited number of people who complain, unfortunately that is the mindset of dealers who care more for their bottom line than for their customers.

It's a tricky one because clearly that's right - the dealer is there to screw as much money out of you as possible, the staff are targeted to do that.  It's never going to make for a good relationship.   Turn down the "premium" service add-on (why would a Jazz need a spare litre of oil?) and the service advisor gets all grumpy.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2018, 10:08:24 PM »
There must be a lack of communication at my local dealer, I received an email today reminding me that a service is due. I am still using the car but they own the car as it has been traded in, not my problem!  :-)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 10:10:01 PM by Deeps »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2018, 08:52:18 AM »
The only downside is that they try to get you in early so in essence the plan is shorter. I'm currently 3 months early because it's progressively been brought forward. And you do also get a discounted mot by taking out the plan

Interesting because my car had it's first service in January last year but it wasn't actually due until March. I aim to edge the annual service back to the March anniversary over the next 2 services always ensuring I stick with any deadlines. The mileage won't be an issue (3,000 ish pa) so it will only be the time. 3 weeks next year and another 3 weeks the year after.

It is your decision when to get your car serviced, not the dealer. If you are a low mileage user it is annual. If the dealer says any different ignore them. Remember if your car is bought at registration change time the service will be due when the dealers workshop will be very busy with annual services and preparing new cars for sale. One reason I waited a month after the change to the 18 registration to buy mine.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 08:57:39 AM by Deeps »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2018, 11:13:40 AM »
In my case the dealer had serviced the car before I bought it in February.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2018, 11:22:05 AM »

Moving the service to the busy workshop time of the March registration change would not be my choice. There is more chance of a rushed job and service appointments can be less flexible as you also have lots of cars due an annual service.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 12:34:22 PM by Deeps »

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2018, 01:10:45 PM »

Moving the service to the busy workshop time of the March registration change would not be my choice. There is more chance of a rushed job and service appointments can be less flexible as you also have lots of cars due an annual service.

Hadn't thought of that. It's not a bad point.

nrgmilano

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: SE CVT Mk3
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2018, 09:27:30 PM »
Got the 5 year on our new car. Always have used the dealer during the warranty but not usually later althoigh now have the extra 2 years

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2018, 06:35:39 PM »
I'm on my third Jazz and have taken the five year service plan on each one.
Well worth it and good value.

JazzyJJ

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2018, 03:39:35 PM »
:'(

Oh well, I have just been informed that this offer should not have been mentioned as I am buying a prereg car...

I can have exactly the same package but it will be £895 i.e. 50% more.  Frustrating seeing as this is an 18 plate car but such is the world of dealer incentives and discounting I guess.

Id ask them to honour the £599 price quoted and say it formed part of your buying decision. Speak to the manager. Can only say no.

I got the 5 year service plan. No brainer if you are planning to keep the car or if you sell later as someone else mentioned.

When I was looking around I was offered a pre reg and they said the would give me the service plan for 599. I guess they would basically reduce the price of the car by £300.

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2018, 03:45:46 PM »
I um'd and ah'd about it during the purchase and once the sales guy saw me about to walk away, he threw in the servicing, paint and fabric protection and a set of floor mats.  I guess it's a matter of luck, timing and desperation.

SamJazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 08:44:15 PM »
I bought my car March 2016 and bought a 5 year service plan at time as it seemed a good deal. The car has done 25K miles only two services have been done so far.

I bought the car using PCP to finance it through Honda, my intentions are to part ex the car for another Honda Jazz. By the time this happens the third service will have been done.

So what happens to the service plan which is for 5 years duration and planned end date is 2021.

Will Honda factor this into the part ex value of the car when I look to trade it in ?
Does the service plan stay with the Car and will the next owner see the benefit of the remainder of the plan ?
Or does the remainder of the service plan transfer to the next Jazz that I get ?

Many thanks.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2018, 09:14:23 PM »
The service plan is only for that car and stays with it. It is not transferable to another car.

Tags:

anything