Author Topic: Help Please! Re check engine light  (Read 2677 times)

mj1sjc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2006
Help Please! Re check engine light
« on: February 04, 2024, 02:01:41 PM »
Hello there, my car is a Toyota Verso-S 1.33 CVT.

I thought to clean the oxygen filter ( pic attached) so I have un-done the switch ( whilst the engine was off) relates to the sensor before attempting. But I couldn't get in to the sensor with my wrench so I gave up. I forgot to put back on the switch what ive un-done and started the engine rather stupidly.

Now the check engine light is on! Ive then switched off the engine and connected the switch back on and started the engine but the check engine light is still on.

Any idea how can I get thos sorted out please? TIA!

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: Help Please! Re check engine light
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 02:33:02 PM »
Toyota forum might have more help ?
Let's be careful out there !

Henryge

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 43.3
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 litre 2014 ivtec
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 03:20:20 PM »

Hi There, Try just driving around normally for a while might clear when sending and receiving sensor signal.   
            On my Honda jazz forgot to put back air filter connector when changing new (Engine light came on)                                    Then put it back on engine light still on Then went off after a couple of normal drives. Otherwise clear with Diagnostic tool (Don't disconnect battery unless you have radio code, Last resort)
                                      Good Luck Henry

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 10:56:54 PM »
Some faults are what is called "latching ", some are classified as "non-latching", it depends on what the potential effect could be on vehicle emissions.  It's a regulatory thing.
It's likely a detected lambda sensor total "failure " (disconnected) will be latching,  which means that a service tool needs to be used to reset the fault light even if the actual fault goes away.
The light can go out on its own if a non-latching fault sorts itself.
Any OBD2 reader should be able to do this.  They can be bought for not much more than £10 these days, or ask round any friends or neighbours who might have one. YouTube is your way to find out how to use one,  it's very simple.
HTH
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 11:28:39 PM by embee »

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 09:06:36 AM »
Try disconnecting your battery pressure the brake pedal then leave the car for 15 mins
Reconnect check the dash light.

Tags: