Author Topic: Newbie from Cricklewood, London  (Read 1106 times)

CarolO

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz S 2005
Newbie from Cricklewood, London
« on: January 29, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »
Hi Everyone!
Club Jazz is fantastic - every query I had about my newly acquired Honda Jazz S (2005) I have been able to find it here. So I thought I better join.  My dad knew Honda's like the back of his hand and I only wish I paid more attention when he was fixing them.  I know the only tool you need to carry was a 10mm and 12mm wrench and there is always a way to take apart a car.  The last car he rebuilt was a Honda NSX from a salvage yard in California.  Sadly he passed away from lung cancer several years ago  (but he put in some good innings) and I only hope the car went to someone who would enjoy the rebuilt NSX and not part it out.  God did it have a terrific engine in it.  So i've got this little beat up Mk 1 Honda Jazz as a little run around due to changes in cars with the government come April.  The cost of the repair of my VW diesel seemed to be a waste and put it towards this Jazz that had some sort of grounded wire draining the battery although I suspected the ignition as it wouldn't lock the key (perhaps hot-wired in it's previous life) and the door no longer locked (read on the forum that it is a common problem.)  I found an ignition and driver door lock spares with 2 matching key and as I had expected, the battery drain problem went away with the faulting ignition barrel lock.  Not sure how long the driver door lock will last but it's working now.  I just hope I can enjoy reading what sorts of problems and solutions my fellow Jazz owners encounter or share mine and be a part of this wonderful Honda Jazz community. So it's a big HI from CarolO!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: Newbie from Cricklewood, London
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 08:57:18 PM »
Welcome. I too have a Mk 1 S, a 2006 with 110K miles on the clock, and it is a great little car.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Newbie from Cricklewood, London
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 08:38:56 PM »
Hello and welcome. :)

Tags: