Author Topic: Car heater  (Read 3704 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Re: Car heater
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 09:53:43 AM »
I like the "set and forget" nature of climate control. During the late autumn, winter and early spring months it is set at 21 degrees with the screen and footwell options. I find this keeps misting at bay. I am probably paying for this through higher fuel consumption though.

Having had climate in my last 3 cars I'd be reluctant to go back to a manual system. I like the way the climate control cuts the air con in and out only using what is required.

Which is a shame because I think the SE spec on the Mk3 Jazz is by far the best value for money option. You only get Climate Control on the EX.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 05:21:46 PM »
But your £260 doesn't give you the option of having the seats warm when you first get in, An EV allows that (or some do)!!!

Electric cars fit heated seats to give an impression of heat because a proper cabin heater takes too much out of battery.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 09:23:48 PM »
But your £260 doesn't give you the option of having the seats warm when you first get in, An EV allows that (or some do)!!!

But..... If I spent all that money, on an EV. Just to have pre-heated seats.

I would no longer, have all the benefits of owning a Jazz....... NO CHANCE!!  :D
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2018, 09:58:17 PM »
I would no longer, have all the benefits of owning a Jazz
I'll grant you that,

guest5079

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 04:35:09 PM »
I for a while worked for RHM under the banner of Mothers Pride. We had state of the art BMC 2.2 diesel with a heavy body. Mine was automatic!!!!!! Top speed 45mph downhill with a Cornish gale behind it.
What on earth is this to do with heaters, well the body work was so well made when it rained or snowed, the wind use to blow it through one side  and out the other. WITH the doors shut.
Heater NO the pipework was diverted through a 'wash up' so that we could have hot water to wash our hands. That was if you could feel them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jocko

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2018, 06:08:45 PM »
Must have been built by the same people that built the flat I live in, Perhaps that is why I seldom use the heater in the car. I don't want to get acclimatised so that I am spoiled for coming home!

Tags: