Author Topic: radio /facia replacement  (Read 2229 times)

philskynet

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 si
radio /facia replacement
« on: April 21, 2015, 09:47:44 PM »
ABSOLOUTE NIGHTMARE  ;D
but got there in the end..had to disconnect the cables for the blowers etc that are located behind the glove box,...that was a joy to take apart and put back together :(
radio needed a bloody good yank but it only needed one forcefull one....the  rest was pretty easy just swapping things over to the new facia ...now it has a Bluetooth usb mp3 player...cd's are so 1980s

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:54:49 PM by philskynet »

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: radio /facia replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:48:42 PM »
I would of gone for a double din unit............

philskynet

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 si
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 12:11:16 AM »
that's next..................just wanted something to get me by til I find the right one ;)

guest4545

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 01:36:09 AM »
Great job. Always wondered why more folk don't replace the audio in Jazz's. I have been known to peer into the windows of parked Jazz's and to date I have only ever seen the factory fitted audio. I took it from that, that it was too hard a job for most folk. I notice though that you lose the clock?
I currently use a cigar lighter socket bluetooth sender thing for bluetooth duties, but it's hardly ideal. I plan on changing the speakers first (ones with separate tweeters to give some much needed clarity to the sound, then if this doesn't do enough for my ears, I may embark on a similar project to you. :)

Tags:

anything