Author Topic: Protecting Keyless Entry?  (Read 5102 times)

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: Protecting Keyless Entry?
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
As currently marketed it's the runt of the litter and the only thing it has going for it is a bit more pep. Whoop-dee-doo.

Wrong!

The 1.5 and possibly all the facelift models have a strengthened body shell, revised suspension settings, stiffened steering rack mounts, is quieter, and is a different driving experience. Even Mrs Skyrider noticed the difference and bearing in mind she used a pre facelift SE for two years, said "This one feels more solid and planted on the road", her technical knowledge is minimal and she has certainly never provoked VTEC into action!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:12:24 PM by Skyrider »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2018, 12:53:43 PM »
I think andruec was referring to it being the runt of the facelift models litter.

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 12:57:57 PM »
I think andruec was referring to it being the runt of the facelift models litter.

And sounds like someone who has not driven one.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 01:00:18 PM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 03:59:28 PM »

And sounds like someone who has not driven one.
I don't need to. The official specification shows it to be lacking a number of features available on higher spec models. Honda have clearly removed some features in order to try and keep the price down. It's a boy racer's car for people on a reduced income. If all you care about is performance (pointless on a road car on today's roads) then it's a reasonable choice. But if you want something with features that are actually useful you need to look elsewhere at the better specified models in the range.

Basically: It's a toy, built down to a price.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 04:01:59 PM by andruec »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 05:30:39 PM »
As I said above, an improved SE with the bigger engine, my ideal car. The only downside is the bodykit. As you are a self confessed gadget  addict does your EX have the ultimate gadget, a CVT? It is far easier to use and is more efficient than a DIY gearbox.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2018, 05:47:06 PM »

It's a boy racer's car for people on a reduced income.

Wow do you realise how snobbish you sound ?

Personally as someone who thinks cars have become too complicated and too expensive (and those two are linked) I would not mind a simpler car with better performance.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Skyrider

• Approved Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2018, 05:59:55 PM »

It's a boy racer's car for people on a reduced income.

Wow do you realise how snobbish you sound ?

Personally as someone who thinks cars have become too complicated and too expensive (and those two are linked) I would not mind a simpler car with better performance.

He can't be a snob, he only has a superseded EX model.  :-)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 06:02:56 PM by Skyrider »

JazzyJJ

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 EX CVT
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2018, 08:19:07 PM »
I find the whole idea of having to use a specially shaped piece of metal to open a door archaic. And even the idea of pressing a button now seems quaint.

Exactly what I think and said to the salesman ... why are we using a piece of metal to open & start the car. I understand the security risk and other peoples preferences.. I just prefer not handling a key if the tech is available not too.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 09:18:40 PM by JazzyJJ »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
Here is an interesting article on keyless RFID systems and how simple they are to defeat, as I said earlier in thread anything wireless or connected to internet is open to anyone and certainly not secure.

https://electronics.howstuffworks.com/gadgets/automotive/rfid-ignition-system.htm
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:34:13 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Madelvic

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: EX Navi
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2019, 09:47:53 PM »
If you really think your Jazz is at risk of being stolen from your home, ( must be a really rough area ) keep the keys in a metal container, a biscuit tin is one option. Any tin with a lid will do.
Oh no it doesn't!  Tried it with key in a tin, could still open the car doors keylessly.  Need to buy a bespoke pouch, all of £6 on Amazon

Tags: