Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Hybrid / Re: Is this the 2025 Jazz
« Last post by shufty on Today at 04:27:04 PM »
...Looks more like a new old Civic!
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Buying Advice - Jazz Advance
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 04:24:24 PM »
It has just left me with a nagging feeling that there maybe more troubles ahead.

I would look at it from the optimistic side: You've already had your share, more than average. So it can only get better!
Hybrid / Is this the 2025 Jazz
« Last post by csp on Today at 04:15:59 PM »
Will there be a brand-new crossover-style model called the Jazz Crosstar like this in 2025?

If there is then you can bet the price will be very high!

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Bonnet sensor
« Last post by chrisv on Today at 04:00:22 PM »
Hi,
Bonnet sensor is attached to bonnet latch, I disconnected mine and it seems to have cured the problem of alarm going off intermittently and reluctant to lock. I disconnected the wiring plug and it seems to have cured the problem. Honda will only sell you a complete latch for £120 or fit it for you for £350, looks like I'll do without a bonnet sensor for my 2011 car
« Last post by Nicksey on Today at 03:35:28 PM »
@ Nicksey:
My question was: "Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures. I wonder how many forum members here can say the same."

There is a poll "Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?" and  total 267members voted. This means that 267 forum members own a Mk4 Jazz. Some have been confronted with the failures mentioned. Among them Nicksey.
But what I asked about: how many of those 267 are not confronted with these failures...

Yes, I did understand the comment. I agree that, on this forum there are members who have never had an issue too. I have been on other forums too, where all these problems are reported... and again I agree that it may be a small proportion who experience faults. It would be very interesting to see a breakdown of faults in relation to owner percentages. Maybe at some point in the future one of the auto magazines will begin to include the Jazz in its 'reliability' polls, only time will tell.
In all honesty, I really do like the Jazz. I enjoy the drive, its powertrain, comfort and overall package. It is by far the most satisfying cars I have ever driven. It has just left me with a nagging feeling that there maybe more troubles ahead.
« Last post by BROC on Today at 02:47:10 PM »
No issues with our March 2022 Jazz EX in the 2 years we had it. We liked it so much we traded in both our cars for a 2024 ZR-V Advance.....
« Last post by Jazzik on Today at 02:27:27 PM »
@ Nicksey:
My question was: "Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures. I wonder how many forum members here can say the same."

There is a poll "Which Mk4 Jazz do you own?" and  total 267members voted. This means that 267 forum members own a Mk4 Jazz. Some have been confronted with the failures mentioned. Among them Nicksey.
But what I asked about: how many of those 267 are not confronted with these failures...
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Steering wheel shenanigans
« Last post by c.lday44 on Today at 02:08:48 PM »
Yes, the steering wheel switches etc.  can all be swapped over as long as it is the same design wheel.

This is the exploded view.

That is fantastically helpful, thankyou!!!
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Steering wheel shenanigans
« Last post by c.lday44 on Today at 02:08:26 PM »
Could be,  I'd go for leather lace on cover.

Despise steering wheel covers. They look hideous and are actually unsafe, they can let the wheel slip in your hands.
« Last post by Nicksey on Today at 12:52:02 PM »
Now I’ve read of the following problems with the Mk4 Jazz:

Brake failure
Door mirror motors failing
Seat base sides cracking
Delaminating windscreens

I’m really going off the idea of buying a brand new one as these failures are on cars that can’t be any older than 4 years and most seem to have low mileage

In all fairness: Your list above shows the accumulated failures reported by a multitude of forum members.
This doesn't necessarily mean, that every Jazz is bound to experience all of these.

Positive example: Our 2021 Jazz EX experienced none of these failures and is performing flawlessly(so far). I wonder how many forum members here can say the same.

I have had the delaminating windscreen, mirror replaced and washer nozzle replaced. 72 plate. More than anything I have had to do with all 12 of my previous Renaults (one had to have a new coil).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10