Author Topic: automatic gear selector illumination  (Read 3036 times)

Friel

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT 1.3 petrol
automatic gear selector illumination
« on: January 26, 2019, 05:32:55 PM »
Hi I have just bought a 2016 Jazz automatic but noticed on driving it at night that the selector options (PRNDS) are not lighting up. I presume it is a blown bulb. There is a little section next to the selector that looks as if it might pop up. Is that where the bulb is replaced? I have looked up youtube and can find nothing. All help appreciated. Thanks

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: automatic gear selector illumination
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 07:06:53 PM »
Hi I have just bought a 2016 Jazz automatic but noticed on driving it at night that the selector options (PRNDS) are not lighting up. I presume it is a blown bulb. There is a little section next to the selector that looks as if it might pop up. Is that where the bulb is replaced? I have looked up youtube and can find nothing. All help appreciated. Thanks
FYI the current selection is shown on the dashboard. That's probably where you should be looking rather than at the selector anyway ;)

But since a fault is a fault and should be fixed: http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=7569

Looks like the bulb is the same as the interior lights. I just bought four of these to replace the naff incandescents. You could probably use those in the gear selector although the writing will be a bit brighter.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 07:09:36 PM by andruec »

Tags:

anything