Author Topic: Would the Mk3 benefit from premium petrol?  (Read 6896 times)

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Would the Mk3 benefit from premium petrol?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 07:31:33 PM »
Owners of classic vehicles including motorbikes have to be very careful not to put fuel containing ethanol into their tanks as it can cause seal failure and corrosion in fuel system - I saw a classic motorbike website a while ago with a list of fuels that did not contain ethanol. 

This is not the original website I saw,  which had a list of 'safe fuels' but it is another twist on the problem.

http://armchairbiker.com/ethanol-in-petrol-what-classic-bikers-need-to-know/
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:40:26 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
Owners of classic vehicles including motorbikes have to be very careful not to put fuel containing ethanol into their tanks as it can cause seal failure and corrosion in fuel system - I saw a classic motorbike website a while ago with a list of fuels that did not contain ethanol.
Exactly! When Belgium started with the 10% ethanol last year, there was a letter hanging at every fuel pump at Shell to use V-Power for classic cars etc because that contains no ethanol.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 09:07:50 PM »
I saw a classic motorbike website a while ago with a list of fuels that did not contain ethanol.
I've seen that too (it appears to be a reprint of info I've seen from several years earlier) It is not the case in Scotland. All fuel in Scotland is supplies from Grangemouth and I believe Ethanol is added as a matter of course.

Tags:

anything