Author Topic: Snow test  (Read 4253 times)

guest5079

Re: Snow test
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2017, 09:11:31 AM »
Yesterday afternoon had some experience but not snow, SLUSH which can be just as big a problem with clogging up the tread. About 3 inches, after a very heavy hailstorm, so I just slowed down and not a twitch. What was worrysome was the idiots were still flying along nose to tail. Tis no wonder each day on breakfast TV the accident rate has gone up.
I hope that's all we will get.

Pauste9570

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk1
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »

This is quite normal in Finland in every winter for 3-4 months... :D

Winter tires make the difference
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:41:07 PM by Pauste9570 »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2018, 10:03:39 PM »
Some parts of Scotland regularly get snow like that, but it is very rare this far south.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 06:35:56 PM »
Had a taste of some real snow and icy conditions this afternoon. Cars in hedges and ditches, abandoned cars, stuck cars, and my wee Jazz never put a foot wrong. That included doing a three point turn on a hill, with snow banks either side. I have changed my opinion of it from my first time in the snow!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
Had a taste of some real snow and icy conditions this afternoon. Cars in hedges and ditches, abandoned cars, stuck cars, and my wee Jazz never put a foot wrong. That included doing a three point turn on a hill, with snow banks either side. I have changed my opinion of it from my first time in the snow!

Yes Jazz is good in snow and I can confirm that with winter tyres on it is unstoppable. We were out and about in heavy snow we had before Xmas and sharing the roads with tractors and land rover defenders, went past some 4x4's stuck (I assume with summer tyres on) as usual they were too optimistic about their vehicles ability to handle ice and snow just because it was 4x4 LOL.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 09:16:29 AM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Pauste9570

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk1
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:35 PM »
I had my yearly inspection time today...but my Jazz said no :(. It's -25 Celsius (-13 F), a lot of snow... oh well I'll have another go tomorrow with preheating the car

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2018, 04:06:50 PM »
Yes, most of us have no idea, here in the UK, what real winter weather is like.

Tags: