Author Topic: adjust spray angle of front windscreen washers?  (Read 3447 times)

JohnB47

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX March 2014
adjust spray angle of front windscreen washers?
« on: November 04, 2017, 05:58:43 PM »
The spray coming from the front washers seem to be a bit low. In past cars, I would use a thickish needle, insert it in the spray holes and bend up to adjust. Any idea how to adjust on the Jazz? Nothing in the handbook about it.

Thanks.

nab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX CVT 2012
Re: adjust spray angle of front windscreen washers?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:46:57 AM »
Just the same ,stick a needle in it !! ;)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 08:59:22 AM »
Just the same ,stick a needle in it !! ;)

That is all I have ever done on any car I have owned,  beware that VERY small adjustment makes a big difference to where the spray goes, so it is a case of 'slowly, slowly catchee monkey'.

I fitted 2 x twin spray nozzles to my Civic to replace the built-into scuttle OEM 'Fan' spray nozzles (had to drill a couple of holes and reroute the tubing slightly).  Firstly because the washer bottle was not lasting very long and secondly the drivers side OEM 'fan' spray was mostly hitting the parked wiper stem (the new nozzles are higher than the OEM), I tried adjusting the aim of the OEM 'fan' but the difference between hitting the wiper and spraying it all on the roof or following car was 0.0001 of a minute of a degree change in angle (due to shallow angle of windscreen).  The resulting 4 jets do a much better job and washer bottle lasts a lot longer between fills.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX March 2014
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 05:50:39 PM »
Thanks all.

While waiting for replies, I searched around and found numerous people, with various Honda car models, having the same query. Why all the mystery about such a simple thing?

Anyway, one interesting post is shown below, relating to the Honda Accord. The nozzle on my washer points does seem to have a slot rather than a hole, suggesting that these instructions would work for me. The instructions do seem a little odd though - lifting the screwdriver at point C rather than lifting the screwdriver handle at point D to increase the angle from the horizontal.

I'll proceed with caution.

https://hondakarma.com/threads/honda-accord-7th-generation-windshield-washer-jet-adjustment.129/live?page=1

Tags:

anything