Author Topic: Floor mats  (Read 6032 times)

JohnB47

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX March 2014
Re: Floor mats
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 09:11:10 PM »
Well, I went to that site and put in all the required details. But first I queried whether they supplied mats with fittings attached, rather than just holes and they replied yes. Then they ask me this question. I've emailed them back to say, have they made a mistake but I'm wondering if I need to be confident that I'm ordering the correct size of fittings.

If people can say, no, they're all the same, then no worries.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2017, 09:49:35 PM »
They make Jazz mats for the mk1, mk2 (2009-) and the mk3 (2015). When you look at the technical specifications of the mk3 you see a comment 'New Toyota'. I assume the mk3 fitting is different than the mk2. Okay, they call it New Toyota, maybe it's the same fitting as a toyota, who knows. ;)

But you need the mk2 (2009-onwards) and there in the technical specification it says Twist-n-Turn Fixing.

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:24 AM »
They make Jazz mats for the mk1, mk2 (2009-) and the mk3 (2015). When you look at the technical specifications of the mk3 you see a comment 'New Toyota'. I assume the mk3 fitting is different than the mk2. Okay, they call it New Toyota, maybe it's the same fitting as a toyota, who knows. ;)

But you need the mk2 (2009-onwards) and there in the technical specification it says Twist-n-Turn Fixing.

Thanks.

I've received a reply from them, saying "This is just the name of the fixings. These are used in many cars. Please see the attached image and confirm which one you want?"

I'm attaching their images. My car seems to have the smaller part of the one called twist-n-turn already fitted -
the bit that you turn. So I'm assuming that they supply mats fitted with the part with the hole, it sits over the turn knob fitted on the car floor and twisting it locks the mat?

I'm going to go for the twist-n-turn one as per your advice.

Thanks for the info.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 01:33:01 PM »
You have a 2014 mk2 Jazz, so the twist-n-turn should be the right one. Now only hoping the distance between the holes/fitting is okay. ;) But as you have given your car specification on forehand they should have to make them fit!

Yes, with the turn knob you lock the mats.

Let us know how they are when arrived. :)

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 03:03:35 PM »
OK thanks. I've replied with a picture and approx dimensions of the fittings on my floor, so hopefully they will supply the correct ones.

I'll let you know the outcome.

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 06:19:32 PM »
Edit:

I've now played around with the mats. The fittings are definitely wrong and the shape isn't quite right either. The front ones aren't too bad but they're a bit too big. The rear ones are oddly shaped and don't match the floor, meaning that they lie over bulges. So overall I've decided to ask for a refund. I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, I ordered from yourcarparts.co.uk and they arrived on Tuesday. This was after my last email to them which included a picture of the existing fitting on my car floor, plus the dimension of the circular part.

I've only had time for a quick try with them today but I've immediately found that the fittings are wrong. They've supplied little bags of fittings that I could replace my existing ones with but this would involve piercing holes in the car floor, which of course I'm not going to do.

Also, I've tried fitting the passenger side one and it is too long.

I'll have time to check everything out tomorrow but in the meantime, can anyone supply me with overall length and width dimensions for each mat (Honda Jazz EX March 2014). That might help.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 04:04:48 PM by JohnB47 »

Tags:

anything