Author Topic: Floor mats  (Read 6031 times)

JohnB47

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz EX March 2014
Floor mats
« on: November 03, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »
Hi all. My first post.

I've searched the forum and found some threads about this but I'm still unclear. I want to buy floor mats but I'm unsure if they will come with the required fittings or just holes.

I need mats with two fittings/holes in each front mat. My Jazz already has some sort of black plastic fittings there. They are rectangular plastic pieces with circular ones on top. There's a bit you can turn on the circular part. Turning this doesn't seem to indicate how it would hold a mat - it just turns. The diagram in my handbook suggests that the mat should have some sort of fitting too, rather than just holes and the two would interlock somehow.

Many on-line sites that sell mats refer to 2 or 4 hole options.

I guess I need to query how the mats are supplied but I would welcome any clarification on this. Is it the case that I need mats with two fittings on each front mat, rather than just two holes?

Many thanks.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2010 — 1.4 iShift Elegance — Storm Silver — GG3 L13Z2 3rd gen.
Re: Floor mats
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 09:44:29 PM »

The mats have 2 holes with a plastic fitting ring. Here 2 photos of my front drivers mat, think that makes the fitting clear.

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 09:45:32 PM »
When my new Jazz arrived. I had already bought a set of cheap mats, from Amazon.
 Just to protect the carpet, until I could buy a better set..... They are still there!

The car has no fittings, neither have the mats... They have never moved, in use. Over the past 2+ years.

Frankly. I don't think the fittings are really necessary......

David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

123Drive!

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 ES i-Shift
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:02:55 PM »
My mate had two holes but clips or cuts in the carpet. So I went online to see where they were under the carpet. Got a Stanley knife and cut a small line. I got the clips from my local dealer for free.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/attachments/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/24682d1501297794-removing-honda-floormat-hooks-matclips.jpg

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 10:19:11 PM »
My mate had two holes but clips or cuts in the carpet. So I went online to see where they were under the carpet. Got a Stanley knife and cut a small line. I got the clips from my local dealer for free.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/attachments/2nd-generation-ge-08-13/24682d1501297794-removing-honda-floormat-hooks-matclips.jpg

That's handy to know. Thanks!

As mine has been no trouble, so far. I'll not go carpet cutting, just yet....
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 10:25:10 AM »

The mats have 2 holes with a plastic fitting ring. Here 2 photos of my front drivers mat, think that makes the fitting clear.

That's great. They look like they would locate over the existing clips on my cars floor. That's what I want on the car mats I buy. I'll use your pictures as examples when I query with the various suppliers.

By the way, did you know that if you use Chrome as browser and use right click and 'save as' on these images, you can only save as a .webp image. I found out that if you use a non Chrome browser, 'save as' allows you to specify .jpeg as the file type. Might be useful to know.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 10:36:59 AM »
By the way, did you know that if you use Chrome as browser and use right click and 'save as' on these images, you can only save as a .webp image. I found out that if you use a non Chrome browser, 'save as' allows you to specify .jpeg as the file type. Might be useful to know.
Must be a function of this web site as that is not the case with other web sites I use.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »
That's great. They look like they would locate over the existing clips on my cars floor. That's what I want on the car mats I buy. I'll use your pictures as examples when I query with the various suppliers.
They fit over the existing clips on the car floor, but the mats i have are the genuine Honda mats which were in our Jazz.

These are the genuine mats: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-carpet-mat-set20092015-p-378.html

guest1372

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 05:26:27 PM »
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/882791a61329319bc7eb3aae11b38932.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/151dd9f366cf880e5d122d42c6c37c3a.jpg
Seems only an issue here when the post was made from mobile with Tapatalk app and probably a result of them dynamically deciding what to send to a Chrome request.  Either 'Inspect', 'Open image in new tab' or quoting the post reveals the full size original .jpg file references, but if what's been sent to the browser differs from the type requested then it's a problem.  'Copy / Paste / Save as' is one way or you could use an extension like this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-as-jpeg-png-we/cagjgpolpdodlfifipjlgechhcljmchm
'Save to Keep' or 'Save to Google Drive' are other extension options.

Next-Generation Image Formats: WebP "generally offers better compression than either PNG or JPEG. The downside: it is currently only supported in two of the major browsers: Chrome and Opera."

floor-mat.jpg = 99.7 KB
floor-mat.webp = 64 KB  (64.2%)

--
TG

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
+1 for Cox motor parts as suggested by Jazzway. They'll even supply a replacement drivers mat as a one off and this is useful as these wear out first.

Good for all Honda parts.

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 05:53:41 PM »
They fit over the existing clips on the car floor, but the mats i have are the genuine Honda mats which were in our Jazz.

These are the genuine mats: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-jazz-carpet-mat-set20092015-p-378.html

Cheers. Unfortunately the site doesn't describe the quality of the mats and they aren't cheap. Any idea how they compare to the basic loop pile/cut pile variants available from OEM suppliers?

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 05:56:00 PM »
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/882791a61329319bc7eb3aae11b38932.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171103/151dd9f366cf880e5d122d42c6c37c3a.jpg
Seems only an issue here when the post was made from mobile with Tapatalk app and probably a result of them dynamically deciding what to send to a Chrome request.  Either 'Inspect', 'Open image in new tab' or quoting the post reveals the full size original .jpg file references, but if what's been sent to the browser differs from the type requested then it's a problem.  'Copy / Paste / Save as' is one way or you could use an extension like this:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/save-image-as-jpeg-png-we/cagjgpolpdodlfifipjlgechhcljmchm
'Save to Keep' or 'Save to Google Drive' are other extension options.

Next-Generation Image Formats: WebP "generally offers better compression than either PNG or JPEG. The downside: it is currently only supported in two of the major browsers: Chrome and Opera."

floor-mat.jpg = 99.7 KB
floor-mat.webp = 64 KB  (64.2%)

--
TG

Once I'd read that this was only a problem using Chrome, I used Microsoft Edge and was able to 'save-as' as a jpeg. Never come across this before.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 08:34:52 PM »

Cheers. Unfortunately the site doesn't describe the quality of the mats and they aren't cheap. Any idea how they compare to the basic loop pile/cut pile variants available from OEM suppliers?
I have no idea, John. I use rubber mats from October to March/April plus when it's longer then a few days raining all day. (We have our dogs in the car every day to go out on muddy places when it's raining for days.;))
The other mats were just in the car when we bought the Jazz 2 years ago. In my previous car i had rubber mats all year round.

But when buying aftermarket mats you also have to look at the distance between the holes/clips. Just 2 holes isn't enough. ;)

JohnB47

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 06:18:05 PM »
Me again.

I decided, after checking that they supply mats with built in fittings rather than just holes, to buy mats from yourcarparts.co.uk

They have now asked me the following question:

"Do you need Twist and Turn or New Toyota Fixings which are slightly larger versions of Twist and Turn used for newer Vehicles?"

I gave them my car reg plate info - I have a March 2014 Jazz EX

OK, lets assume that they meant to say Honda Jazz, so the question may still stand.

Can anyone tell me which type of fitting I need? I'll measure the circular parts of the fittings on my car floor if necessary.

Thanks.

jazzway

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
Floor mats
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:50 PM »
Did you go to https://www.yourcarparts.co.uk/product/honda-jazz-mk2-car-mats-6905_4eye.html
Twist and turn. They say they fit.

I can measure the the fittings on my mats, but i don't know if there's a chance they might be different than you need. Our car is from 2010, left hand drive, not made in the UK.

Tags:

anything