Author Topic: CRV brakes  (Read 1511 times)

guest5079

CRV brakes
« on: July 15, 2017, 12:07:07 PM »
Whiling away an hour while the airbag was being replaced, a salesman spoke to a man near to where my Wife was sitting. She heard the conversation not I but it seems his 60 plate CRV was in for something and the dealer had observed his pads were down. It seems his discs were OK.
He was asked if he, the owner wanted the pads done at a cost of £250. He, the owner declined.
It begs the question, how did they know the pads were well down, if the wheels had been off why didn't they make the offer then.
I did a quick look on Lings and front pads for the CRV are a tad over £50, I couldn't check the rear prices as Microsoft did it's usual job  of dumping my program.  This price is less than that for the Jazz and presuming the rear pads for a CRV are roughly the same price, £150 to fit them must be a nice little earner.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: CRV brakes
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 02:33:59 PM »
Either Honda use a camera on a stick that they can poke through the alloys wheels and look at the brakes (like the ones surgeons use ) or they have ESP, or they always try the old 'worn pads' thing counting on the fact that over 90% of owners never look at the brakes and would not know how worn they were.

At £80 and hour the costs soon mount up,  someone has to pay for the coffee, magazine and free clean your car gets.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: CRV brakes
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 12:58:17 AM »
If the car is up in the air it's pretty easy to see the pads, plus there is an inspection hole in the caliper to see the inner pad.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tags:

anything