Author Topic: cleaning around rear light clusters  (Read 9490 times)

d2d4j

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SI 5 Dr
Re: cleaning around rear light clusters
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 10:12:29 AM »
Hi

I add a few drops of sugar soap to wash my jazz, and a garden hose

I do like to use quick spray wax once a month

This seems to work for me

Many thanks

John

guest5079

• Topic Starter
Re: cleaning around rear light clusters
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 02:21:54 PM »
As the weather has turned a little kinder I decided to give the car a good scrub. The 'crud' appears to be in the actual seams of the light unit so they will have to come out for a closer inspection.
BUT what has really pressed my buttons was to find 'raspberry pip' like objects across the off side of the rear window. Set about removing them with window cleaner only to find they are in fact blobs of metal that has melted into the glass.  Clearly from above by the direction of the blobs. Nothing on the paintwork.  My Wife believes she saw men working on a bridge above the A30 in the road works on Bodmin Moor last Monday. The front bumper has more than it's fair share of pits due to the amount of rubbish on the road surface left by 2 yrs of construction work.
Can't prove a thing but it does p**s me off that you try and look after a car only to have it constantly damaged by idiots.
When I was a plod, I had complaints from my locals about lorries leaving a quarry and depositing stones etc on the highway. I merely stopped one driver and told him to get a broom and clean out the wheels BEFORE he left the site. Never had any more problems. It is an offence to deposit litter on the highway. You wouldn't think so given that farm contractors rushing from farm to farm  leave part of  the field on the highway. If the authorities prosecuted a few it would save them a fortune in cleaning out the road side drains. Sorry I am really pigged.
One might say I could give Victor Meldrew a run for his money.

Tags:

anything