Author Topic: Hi All, Newbie in Cheshire  (Read 3007 times)

guest4574

Hi All, Newbie in Cheshire
« on: February 28, 2014, 09:16:29 AM »
Hello Everyone,  :)

My wife & i are collecting our first Honda Jazz tonight  8)
traded in her old t reg clio & got a 53 plate 1.4 dsi & pretty sure its an SE model as it has electric rear windows & electric sunroof & aircon!?
It has 113K on the clock but full Honda service history & dirves & looks like new.  Really happy with it & cant wait to polish it up & have days out with our son without worrying about the cost of fuel! (my car is a subaru & a little heavy on fuel  :o to say the least) So it will be nice to have a reliable car with a good size interior & economical to use - let happy motoring commence!

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
Re: Hi All, Newbie in Cheshire
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:50:47 PM »
Hello and welcome  8)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 05:12:51 PM »
Hello and welcome. You've made a wise choice.

guest4574

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
Hi folks, thanks for the hello!
Well picked it up and my wife is over the moon with her new little jazz, ive spent all today cleaning it up for her.
It is an SE model.

Cleaned interior top to bottom, vaxed seats an flooring carpet, pulled boot out and cleaned it all. Spare wheel has not even been used! Interior has come up great, only issue is the finish on the gear knob has worn off. But just got a great condition 2nd hand one off the bay.

Washed the outside, clay barred it ready for machine polishing soon.
Stripped front arch liners down and fitted Osram night breaker bulbs, what a difference!and new front wiper blades.
Put some super unleaded in just to help clean it out a bit with some redex.

And finally just treated the Jazz to a few bits off the bay:
Car mats
Moulded anti slip boot lining
Chrome indicator bulbs all round,
Gear knob as mentioned
Handa tax disc holder
New rear wiper arm and wiper

Only bad points i can find are some rust on the tailgate and some across the top of the inside frame of the rear n/s door.
 Ideally i would like to put new front discs and pads on, they are not passed it, just something i always like to do.
Oh and the clutch has a small amount of judder so it is worn, but working well for now.

Tags: