Author Topic: My Jazz - 2009 1.4 EX in Alabaster Silver - 'Nina'  (Read 17001 times)

guest3824

My Jazz - 2009 1.4 EX in Alabaster Silver - 'Nina'
« on: March 28, 2013, 08:28:46 PM »
Drove up to my folks in the Lake District and got bored of motorway driving so came off at Junction 36, went through Kendal and then on the A6 over Shap summit, where I took these, with 'spring' in full flow in the background  ;)

Old Leather Gearknob

New Mugen Gearknob

And to keep it warm in the winter months...
   8)

There's a few things i'd like to add to it; wind deflectors, front lip, grill and a rear spoiler but they may have to be a long-term project as and when spare cash appears.

Team Heko wind deflectors:

guest3469

• Topic Starter
Re: My Jazz - 2009 1.4 EX in Alabaster Silver - 'Nina'
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:13:19 PM »
Looking good!  Where'd you get the Mugen gear knob?  I thinking of a Type R one, but Mugen is the way to go.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 06:37:47 AM »
Like cars with girl's names.  Neighbour's daughter is a Nina and she has a Yamaha motor-bike in yellow, to match her hair
If music be the food of love, play on

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 07:15:22 AM »
Thanks guys.

I got the Mugen knob here
http://www.icbmotorsport.com/muroshkn5mte.html

But it was missing the locking nut so I got a part refund. You can get them off eBay too. It just fits nicely in my hand and the changes feel more solid. Although it is a bit cold to the touch first thing in the morning. The woolly hat I got off eBay but asked the seller to customise the colours to match the interior and they were happy to do so - my daughters love it.

Went over Kirkstone pass yesterday and the snow was a good 3ft deep at the side of the road. Took a few scenic shots but it was properly bitter up there and Niña is a salty white colour so left her dignity in tact.

ChrisC, she's named after my favourite Jazz singer :D

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
Very nice!

Be good to see your progress/ build thread :p

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »
Any mods are going to be delayed as I have some repairs to pay for now :-[

I get the train to and from work and on getting Home on Wednesday noticed that some *person* had managed to plant a dent the size of a crater above the drivers side wheel arch and then scraped the paint off between there and down the front bumper - must have been a shocking bit of reverse parking!!! And they drove off without leaving any details - fuming doesn't come close - so I'm saddled with a £350 bill to repair!!

Probably best I didn't catch them doing it or I may be doing time now. Not a happy bunny!!

tetsky

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 nighthawk black 1.4 idsi se
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:28:38 PM »
What the f^*#k? This is bloody heart breaking man, I feel for you, I had my ek4 park outside my flat, I came home from work and all I saw is a dent on the left rear fender, I felt like crying man, our pride and joy just like that.... heartless people...why do people are like this?:'(:'(:'(:'(

sent from my galaxy note 2 using tapatalk

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 10:57:27 PM »
Thanks Tetsky. Gutted for you mate. There are some proper scumbags out there that don't care for anyone else's property and probably worried about their own insurance going up with my claim so did one sharpish before they were clocked.

I think I managed a full minute long sentence containing nothing but expletives!!!

I think it's time to move to a new flat with a designated secure off road parking place!!!

Still boils my p!ss now.

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 11:54:10 PM »
that really sucks probably some ********** in a people carrier or 4 x 4
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 11:55:48 PM by monkeydave »

Jazz Hands

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:54:26 AM »
seriously not cool :(

shame the culprit had legged it, I can think of a scenario with a sock and some unused gear knobs as recompense

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2013, 10:28:38 AM »
seriously not cool :(

shame the culprit had legged it, I can think of a scenario with a sock and some unused gear knobs as recompense

Forget that, I play baseball (socially) so have a bag in my boot which has baseballs and bats in it!! >:D

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 10:31:31 PM »
sorry to hear of this, am afraid its a rule of life that sooner or later you gonna get dents scratches, I had mine car dented and scratched, I had them done using a local bodyshop who did a excellent job, then a few months later a wheely bin rolled down the road and hit my rear bumper, after a victor meldrew moment, I then decided to leave the scratch on the bumper unfixed.

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2013, 08:17:33 AM »
I accept that you get the odd ding, but that's not a gentle 'oops' it's assault!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2013, 08:09:35 PM »
Gutted. I've had two hit and runs out on the road - the first one coughed up eventually after spending three months denying knowledge, and the second had no insurance or anything.

guest3824

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 07:32:50 PM »
Had her dropped off at work today after the body shop people at Karl Vella had worked their magic and I'm happy with the results...

Now to maintain a 24 hour watch over her :o

Tags: