Author Topic: Best new deal you got ?  (Read 2401 times)

guest3131

Best new deal you got ?
« on: March 06, 2012, 02:56:18 PM »
Hopefully this is a suitable place to ask !
I'm curious as locally it seems a bit hard to push any extra deals on the Jazz from Honda dealers beyond what Honda offer.
What deal did you manage to get if you bought yours new, and how far did you have to go to get it ?

guest3093

• Topic Starter
Re: Best new deal you got ?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:23:48 PM »
Apart from the Honda offers ('4' year servicing, 4 year warranty. cheque for £300)
I managed to only squeeze about £700 off the normal price.

They did give us an okay price on the part ex though, so decided to go for it.

I took in the quote from http://autoebid.com/  to show them what I could get it for from these folks. they suggested i could get around £1000ish off the price.

guest3131

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:19:07 PM »
Thanks Keith, looks like I am not too bad atm, not fantastic, but it looks like I will be getting £650 off list not including the honda offers (which take it up to £950). Thats on an ES with paint (don't get me started on paying extra for anything other than red)  :o
I am aiming to get a set of elegance mats and a full tank of petrol thrown in too.
It would appear Honda dealers don't like to go much more !
At least the trade in I got, like you, would appear to be top end of book from what I can work out.

Best book a test drive and see if it lives up to my desired standards !

guest1521

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »
I think Honda dealers do not give many £s away. I shopped around extensively for my scrappage deal end '09, compared 3 different Honda dealers for Jazz... and 5 other makes... Ford Fiesta, Skoda Fabia,  Nissan Note, Hyundai i30 and Kia c'eed. Honda moved least on price and extras.

However I concluded that the typically higher price for a Jazz translated to far better value for money for my family needs (at least) as the car is so functionally versatile. For a small car it is incredibly spacious and for us only Nissan Note was in the hunt. P'raps Honda's reluctance to discount helps prop up resale values so we recover more of our money at trade-in time. Hope so anyway. Jazz is reputed to have comparatively low depreciation rates.

Be very interested to hear about your test drive impressions.

Tags: