Author Topic: GD Rear Fog Light  (Read 16938 times)

kotarou

• Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
  • My Honda: Honda FIT GE6 Flex BRDM
GD Rear Fog Light
« on: February 09, 2012, 12:07:07 PM »
Hi!

Im doing some research on the GD and I'm curious about one thing.

Does the GD has a stock rear Fog Lamp?
How can you turn it on? Can you light it up individualy (Rear or Front) or together with the front ones?

I was looking on the internet and I've found this stalk, but it's diffent of the GE (which have the rear stage separatedly)

Does the Eurepan Jazz use the same stalk?
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

guest3040

Re: GD Rear Fog Light
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 01:48:38 PM »
Hi!
Im doing some research on the GD and I'm curious about one thing.
Does the GD has a stock rear Fog Lamp?
How can you turn it on? Can you light it up individualy (Rear or Front) or together with the front ones?
Does the Eurepan Jazz use the same stalk?

Hi there,
Yes, the GD has a stock rear fog light. It has to by law.
Here is a picture of the stalk in my '02 Jazz 1.4S (GD1). As you can see, i only have the rear fog light.

Steve.

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
Remould, that's great.
So the stock rear fog is bult-in on the taillights?

I Saw many americans using the Integra Fog on the Fit/Jazz. So that's why im confused.

So if I understood the stalks, yours have two stages (Off and Rear Fog) ? (Because there is only one symbol " the inverted "D" ")
And the other that I posted before there are three stages (Only rear, Off, Rear and Front) ?

Is that correct?
Honda Fit LX MT Flex (Gas/Ethanol) GE6 - NH700M / Pivot 3Drive Alpha / PIAA Northern Star White / Aquaclean / PIAA Plasma Ion Yellow / Honda EuroHorn / Honda EU Fog Lights LHD Kit / Honda EU BT Kit

guest3040

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 03:46:22 PM »
Yes, that is correct. In the UK the rear fog light is part of the rear light cluster on the R/H (drivers) side.
I just have "off" and "on" for the rear fog light, but i guess people with front fog lights will have the option of "off", "on (rear)" and "on (front and rear)".
As far is i am aware, Japanese domestic cars do not need to have rear fog lights fitted. This is why many people who have imported cars need to fit their own fog lights and switch gear.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:21:59 PM »
I just have "off" and "on" for the rear fog light, but i guess people with front fog lights will have the option of "off", "on (rear)" and "on (front and rear)".

Correct.

I understand kotarou you are not from the UK, so the Jazz/Fit in your country may not be fitted with a rear fog light. It depends on the local laws regarding fog lights. As said above, they are not required in Japan.

The fog light is fitted in the light cluster on the drivers side.

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 11:19:25 PM »
Yes, that's true. I'm from Brazil and here the rear fog light is not mandatory. Here the cars are LHD.

Actually I own a GE6, but I really like to do some researchs about Fit/Jazz in general.
I'm trying to install the rear fog light on it and the stalk is very simmilar of the GD one. Check a small comparison that I've made on Paintbrush:

I Figured out that the fog light in UK and Japan are located on the Right Tailight and on the other counties such as germany and LHD counties use on the Left Tailight. This was based on GE, but i couldn't find any photo of the rear fog on GD.

Another thing is that only in Japan the stalks are the opossite (wiper on the left and indicators on the right), but in UK surprisingly it's the same as any othe LHD country.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 08:55:19 PM »
Another thing is that only in Japan the stalks are the opossite (wiper on the left and indicators on the right), but in UK surprisingly it's the same as any othe LHD country.

Tell me about it!  :P Only Hyundai/Kia were fitting the wipers and indicators the 'correct' way round for RHD in recent years, and even now that has stopped!

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 11:22:18 AM »
So the correct way for UK cars, is Left (Indicators) and Right (Wipers) ? Now I'm confused.

guest3040

Re: Re: GD Rear Fog Light
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2012, 11:53:11 AM »
So the correct way for UK cars, is Left (Indicators) and Right (Wipers) ? Now I'm confused.

Yep. That is correct.

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 06:41:31 PM »
Yes, that is correct. In the UK the rear fog light is part of the rear light cluster on the R/H (drivers) side.

oh my
I just tried to fit replacement bulb for non existing left hand rear fog light  ??? are all uk cars like that?
I struggle to understand this logic..
why not one stop light then? one front fog light?

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 09:30:59 PM »
in the uk we drive on the left so the fog light is on the rhd.

in places where they drive on the right the fog light is on the lhd.

also it can be in the middle which means it doesn't matter whether you drive on the right or the left.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 06:39:43 PM »

[/quote] why not one stop light then? one front fog light? [/quote]

Because one rear fog is annoying and two are just very, very, very, very annoying.  The most abused lights on any car are the 'fog' lights, most of which come on at the slightest sign of drizzle, or are left on for weeks after we last had 'mist' - some (front) are used as a auxiliary light to save people putting headlights on (ie like a 'position' light) or some kind of 'urban style' statement  - but the difference is that front fog lights spray light everywhere and nothing is worse on a dark road than to have someone either behind or approaching you with either front fog only or both fog and headlights on.  Truth is we don't have fog bad enough to need front fogs in UK - or at least I have never seen any in the last 30 years. And it is illegal to show 'fog' lights unless visibility is 'severely reduced

rule 236
You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest3312

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 01:45:04 AM »
I was confused by this thread. We dont have rear fog lights in the States. Our taillights are brighter than Euro lights apparently so we dont need them.

dg

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2002 1.4 SE + 2015 1.3 S
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
Because one rear fog is annoying and two are just very, very, very, very annoying.
yeah, that must be it. I don't travel much at night. sorry for my small rant :)
bought bulbs, spent 30 minutes reading manual, was about to remove the whole light unit, could not find that damn bulb :)

kotarou

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
    • Fit Fans
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2012, 12:34:29 PM »
The rear fog lights when are used in the wrong situations are very very annoying.

Here in Brazil we rarely have situations that we real need to use the fog lights, usually only on roads, but there are lot's of people using in the city and the rear one, specially on some peugeots (which the rear central fog is standard) is very annoying.

Tags:

anything