Author Topic: Do Jazz's have Alarms ?  (Read 12549 times)

guest2134

Do Jazz's have Alarms ?
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:20:14 PM »
silly question but is there any way to test the alarm on a 05 Jazz SE ? im not sure if they have one :S

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
Re: Do Jazz's have Alarms ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 06:56:15 PM »
I think you will find that most Jazz's don't have alarms as they weren't standard fit.

guest1844

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:24 PM »
I just presumed it did...

Easy way to find out, lower a window then lock the car with the remote. Wait a bit then open the lock from the inside?

guest2134

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »
thanks guys ill that Bazzer but it looks like it dose not have one. seams strange for a car not to have a alarm these days

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »
It never occured to me to ask if the Jazz came with an alarm; I too assumed it was a given.

However, the GE Jazz doesnt have a alarm- just an immoblizer which I guess is the car main security point.

guest2134

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 06:42:34 PM »
thanks for the info guys

:)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:06:30 PM »
Why do you want an alarm on your Jazz - nobody is going to nick it, it just isn't the kind of car to attract either boy-racer or high end car thieves - and anyone in between those two groups will never get past the standard Honda immobiliser anyway.

I have seen cars on car parks with the bonnet up with the alarm going off, with someone fiddling around under the bonnet and people just walk by (including me).  There are too many alarms going off every day and people just ignore them now, every week we have house alarms going off in our street and no-one even bother checking any more, I certainly don't but I would love to go and cut the cables to the sirens.

If you are that worried get a GPS tracker off e-bay and fit that, my mate fitted on to his sports car and they do work surprisingly well.........
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 09:20:07 PM »
Just you wait until you've been burgled then you may think differently!

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 07:41:57 AM »
The GPS tracker is worthless because there is a simply workaround how to "blind" it...

eg.: One of the best solution is to make your own relay/switch thing just behind the heating dial and you have to turn the certain dial(s) to the right position(s) to turn on the engine. Or put an induction loop into the dashboard or door and you have to hold one of your hand there whilst starting the engine.
All the other manufactured intruder alarms are not as good as what you make at home because nobody else has the same.
This is my only opinion, or just take the battery out for overnight, I`d be surprised if the burgler would carry any spare battery in his pocket... or a jump start lead.

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 11:28:56 PM »
In the 'old' days you'd remove the rotor arm or HT lead.

Young uns today wouldn't know what a rotor arm was...and it isn't between your shoulder and hand!

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »
If you 'double' lock the doors with the remote, then they can't be opened from the inside. That's enough to put off thieves!

guest765

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2011, 01:07:47 PM »
Pressing the remote twice sets the imobiliser / alarm........not an audible system but evidently quite effective...........it also helps to keep it locked inside a locked garage......but once again not always.......if the thieves want it they will nick it.....a Jazz would be low on any thieves agenda.

Geoffers

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2011, 09:08:04 PM »
Pressing the remote ONCE locks the car. Pressing it TWICE sets the deadlocks.
The immobiliser is set by the absence of the key!

guest2134

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2011, 08:55:27 PM »
first of sorry for the absence from this post :S

i just wanted to set the alarm off as i have awooga horn on my lovely jazz and it would of sounded funny :D

thanks guys :)

Tags:

anything