Author Topic: am i being ripped off?  (Read 5572 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
am i being ripped off?
« on: March 07, 2011, 12:39:40 AM »
i bought a new shape jazz on saturday, the dealer said he had the car model i wanted at another garage and when i asked to pick my number plate from the list he seemed to think i was talking about private plates, he said he will call me on monday with the number plate so i can insure it

the thing is i bought this car brand new and i said is it pre registered to him and he said no it is new, when i get the v5 it better say no previous owners or i wont be happy

what do you think ?

thanks

guest1461

Re: am i being ripped off?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »
Surely if it is brand new and NOT a pre reg car then you get choice of several reg number to pick from.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2011, 09:20:31 PM »
You don't always get to choose the reg number from a list. Sometimes they let you choose, other times they choose for you. It depends on the dealer.

Out of the three brand new cars I've bought over the years, the Fiat dealer sent me letter regarding my Punto's reg number, with my Civic the dealer phoned me up about the reg number, and with my second Jazz the dealer let me choose from a list on the day I ordered the car (it was not the same dealer who supplied my Civic).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:23:32 PM by RichardA »

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 09:30:38 PM »
thanks guys, he phoned me up with the reg today so all should be good as i asked him if i was the first owner, just wait for the v5 through the post

Tags:

anything