Author Topic: Jacking points?  (Read 492 times)

c.lday44

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Honda Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSi
Jacking points?
« on: February 12, 2024, 06:55:45 PM »
I do all the work I can to my MK1 myself. Now, without a lift, this naturally leads to the use of a Trolley Jack and Axle Stands. I jack up the car either on the designated jacking points on the sill, or on the front crossmember when I need to lift both sides, but It's hard to tell where to put the stands, there's no chassis leg close enough to the front of the car, and the crossmember doesn't instill much confidence. The sill jacking points are out as metal on painted metal sounds like a terrible idea, and I fear the sills will get all mangled/paint will scrape off/car might slip.

I'm not working on the car right now but in future, where do you guys put them, to those that work on their Jazzes :)

Thanks!

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
Re: Jacking points?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2024, 09:16:54 PM »
Just as a pointer, there's a chap on ebay who does all sorts of rubber jack pads. Some are generic and some are dedicated to certain makes of car, I've bought a few from him for different purposes, for example Mercedes need a rectangular projection to go through cutouts in sill protectors in order to reach the structural bits. There are useful items for axle stand tops etc. Good quality items in my experience.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/autoyouth?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l2563

Other suppliers are no doubt available .......

Tags: