Author Topic: unable to open honda jazz 2008 air filter lid  (Read 499 times)

ilamurugus

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
unable to open honda jazz 2008 air filter lid
« on: July 18, 2021, 04:34:58 PM »
Hi,
     I have honda jazz 2008 model. I had tried to open the air filter lid but i am unable to open. I had unlocked the 4 clips and pulled the the lid upwards. But the lid is not coming outside. i had seen in many you tube videos, they are  opening the lid easily. Is there a trick to open the air filter lid?

Thanks,
Ilam

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: unable to open honda jazz 2008 air filter lid
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 05:06:58 PM »
Hi,
     I have honda jazz 2008 model. I had tried to open the air filter lid but i am unable to open. I had unlocked the 4 clips and pulled the the lid upwards. But the lid is not coming outside. i had seen in many you tube videos, they are  opening the lid easily. Is there a trick to open the air filter lid?

Thanks,
Ilam

To remove airbox lid you will need to pull its 'spout' ( on rear of lid ) out of the air hose that goes to inlet manifold,  IIRC a bit of a twist will free it.  maybe a smear of silicone on the airbox lid 'spout' will make it easier to pull out in future.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags: