Author Topic: How to remove trim below glove box?  (Read 2095 times)

guest8147

How to remove trim below glove box?
« on: December 10, 2018, 04:21:03 AM »
I'm  planning on vinyl wrapping a piece of trim (the plastic panel under the glove box) but I have no idea how to remove it. Anyone has any tips? Should I just pry it out or are there screws?

Thanks!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
Re: How to remove trim below glove box?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2018, 06:52:20 AM »
If you search YouTube for "Honda fit dashboard trim removal" there are lots of videos, the Americans seem to enjoy taking their cars apart. I did not have time to look for a specific video but I expect there is one there.

guest8147

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »
yea I did search youtube and found lotsa videos on door removal, head unit removal, etc, but none specific to this part. My only fear is that I try to pry it open where I'm not supposed to and snap a bracket or something.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2018, 07:19:13 PM »
I wrapped a similar piece of trim on an Astra, and did it in location, fit the vinyl push it as far in to the cracks as you an and smooth out, then lightly run a craft knife along the gap, but I guess you know that.

guest8147

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 02:35:27 AM »
yep, that's my last resort. I hate taking a knife anywhere near plastic parts, but I guess it beats snapping brackets!

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 08:39:38 AM »
You could try apost on the US forum , I have found the owners most helpful, lets know how you get on.
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/
eg just scroll down until you spot a likley posting
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/search.php?do=showgcs&query=remove%20glove%20box%20trim%202016

guest8147

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 10:37:06 AM »
Thanks for this. It does look like they have many active members who are into tweaking the bits and bobs. I'll get myself registered and post there!

Tags:

anything