Author Topic: Best Camera.  (Read 8919 times)

guest8014

Re: Best Camera.
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2018, 06:59:50 PM »
It's a challenge I will take up. I hope there is a 'vacuum gage' as on my Micra. I use this to gage 'light throttle'. Btw, just a little joke in there. Not disagreeing with you.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2018, 07:10:23 PM »
Btw, just a little joke in there. Not disagreeing with you.
No, it's fine. I am proud of my mpg figures and try my hardest to keep them up. Mainly through anticipation and trying to avoid having to use my brakes. Why use petrol to generate heat when you could use it to go miles!

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2018, 08:21:37 PM »
We seem to have lost the plot again.
What has fuel consumption got to do with, Best Camera.???

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2018, 08:45:16 PM »
We seem to have lost the plot again.
What has fuel consumption got to do with, Best Camera.???

I am sorry to hear that you have lost the plot, we are discussing aspects of the MK3 Jazz. Apart from the people talking about MK1 fuel consumption.

Surely dashcams should be a General topic anyway - not really specific to any model.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 08:53:39 PM »
Jocko you certainly do 'Hot off the press'! Thanks for your instant replies. I am insuring with SAGA but has any one a view on stating a camera is being used? Going to a comparison site though for this one. At least I am in an 'A' post code. Currently I pay 225 quid for Ins and that includes about 112 for full recovery (although I wonder if I need it for a 18 reg vehicle and only 1000 miles). Is this good? i think so. I am 70+.

Just looked at another of your posts-- if you buy a Approved Honda  you should get the balance of Honda Happiness or whatever they call it nowadays-- this includes full roadside recovery etc, so you won't need the recovery on your Saga Insurance. There you go, saved you £112  already !

guest8014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2018, 08:56:13 PM »
There are two plots here. I like a challenge!

I agree that the dash cam subject is mainly generic but there are factors only fleshed out by someone else who has actually installed e.g. the hashed area in the front screens in some vehicles where one cannot ain a camera and si=o needs to be further obstructing the passenger view.

Comment welcome but please don't start a new subject. I might get ostracised!

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2018, 09:08:29 PM »
Omits, have a look at the Honda UK website, owners section. There is all sorts of info about warranties, service plans, AA cover, and general info including owners manual downloads.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:10:01 PM by Skyrider »

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2018, 09:45:30 PM »
I had a front and back dash cam when I first got the car. Got fed up of it eventually though as once it filled the card it stopped recording. Definitely a bug in the software but I decided it wasn't really offering anything I needed anyway.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:47:04 PM by andruec »

Skyrider

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.5 Sport CVT.
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2018, 11:51:06 AM »
Something that many dash cam users seem to forget is the camera is monitoring their own driving standards. Many YouTube clips demonstrate the appaling driving of the car with the camera.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 11:55:16 AM by Skyrider »

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »
Something that many dash cam users seem to forget is the camera is monitoring their own driving standards. Many YouTube clips demonstrate the appaling driving of the car with the camera.

In fact the police can use your camera recording as evidence against you.

I think it is useful in making people aware of their own driving and encouraging them to be more safe.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2018, 12:34:11 PM »

Monitoring you language as well if you have the sound turned on  :o  By habit I tend to click the 'lock video clip' button after I go past a speed camera van - if a ticket comes my way they can then argue with the GPS speed on the Nextbase - the clip also shows GPS position and their camera van ( Dashcam speed is spot on with the speed shown on Garmin Satnav ).
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:35:59 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2018, 01:04:30 PM »
Some real treasure footage of Russian and Eastern European drivers on internet - India also good for a laugh.  This Russian one looks like a bit of a testosterone / alcohol fueled free-for-all.

[edit by Admin: link removed - video no longer on Youtube]

« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 11:31:55 AM by RichardA »

guest8014

• Topic Starter
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2018, 06:11:04 PM »
Watched the video, thanks. A good lesson for all to watch the road like a hawk as your own survival depends upon it. Pity about the other morons who happen to be allowed to drive though. I am constantly amazed at people overtaking (just because it's in front) with kids in the back. Only yesterday a 4x4 coming towards swerved in front of us and then recovered. The moron was on his mobile.

Get our new Jazz EX next week. Hope I don't regret paying the extra dosh for it.

Not decided which camera yet. Maybe best to look at some in Curries and get the car first?

Tags: