Author Topic: Jazz multi media screen S and SE  (Read 2155 times)

Muldoon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Not bought yet but looking
Jazz multi media screen S and SE
« on: October 02, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
Hi

My first post - found the forum and it looks very helpful and great info. Just researching the Jazz and looking for at six month old models as an upgrade from the current Fiesta. Seems great having sat in one and enjoyed the massive space on offer  :)  One think I've picked up on is the irritation and problems with the Honda CONNECT screen on SE and above models, especially the warning notice which flashes up every time you drive.  Does anyone know if the more basic radio on the S model has the same warning?  The S seems to have all you need and also the noisy parking sensors don't feature but if the media system is also more user friendly even better!

Thanks. 

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
Re: Jazz multi media screen S and SE
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 04:48:00 PM »
You kind of get used to clicking the warning away. You can ignore it completely and after a while the screen goes blank (albeit with the time very dimly visible top right). I would assume that only infotainment units have it because they are more interactive. The parking sensors do have some value but personally I wish they were more noisy. They are sometimes hard to hear over music - not that I play music all that loudly but even a decent conversation could drown them out.

guest7494

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 08:31:43 AM »
Infotainment Screen very useful for attaching Suction fixing for my Sat Nav  if you find any other use please advise us.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:37:04 AM »
Infotainment Screen very useful for attaching Suction fixing for my Sat Nav  if you find any other use please advise us.

Apparently it can be used as a distraction while driving,  and with bit of thought I am sure you could watch movies or play angry birds on it while driving (there are probably already devices for sale on fleabay that will enable you to do this).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RobS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 67-plate 1.3 S
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 11:06:29 AM »
Does anyone know if the more basic radio on the S model has the same warning? 

There's no warning for that model. It just takes a second or two to boot up.

Muldoon

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 12:19:18 PM »
Great thanks for confirming what it does.  :)

Sidot

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk3 ES.Sporty Blue Metallic.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 12:44:41 PM »
My Jazz is SE  automatic ( CVT ).
The infotainment screen is a bind but, for me it's much better than the model without it if you understand me.
Jazz is a superb car and good value for money.
Go top of the range....new 1500 cc engine sport.
You could surprise a few Audi and NOW drivers in that !!!
Good luck with your choice.

guest7494

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 01:55:27 PM »

Apparently it can be used as a distraction while driving,  and with bit of thought I am sure you could watch movies or play angry birds on it while driving (there are probably already devices for sale on fleabay that will enable you to do this).

Hi Culzean is this information from experience or just supposition??

Muldoon

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 02:16:52 PM »
The infotainment screen is a bind but, for me it's much better than the model without it if you understand me.

Great thanks for the advice - I've only looked at one model at a garage but was amazed by the interior space and less cramped seats than in my 2016 Fiesta. It's a change from all the similar hatchbacks which are just variations on a theme - the Jazz seems to be something different and a refreshing change.  Been reading all the comments about some of the common faults but nothing major.  I'm considering the CVT as it sounds so easy and stress free to drive.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 03:38:28 PM »
I'm considering the CVT as it sounds so easy and stress free to drive.
Pretty much, yes. There is one possible foible at low speed but a lot of people don't notice it and there are ways to avoid it (basically when you want to pull away sharpish at low speed, make sure you give the accelerator a good nudge). But if you can get one of the latest revisions at six months old even that might not be a problem. When I drove a courtesy CVT Jazz last February that minor niggle appeared to be fixed.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 04:01:50 PM »

Hi Culzean is this information from experience or just supposition??

http://www.brake.org.uk/facts-resources/15-facts/1131-distractionfacts

When manufacturers put heating controls on screen it is a bit of a worry.  Plenty of info on internet about people fitting chromecast etc. to screens and loading bypass apps so that it can be active while car is moving ( there is normally an interlock to handbrake switch ).

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything