Author Topic: Space Saver Wheel Questions  (Read 120748 times)

guest7580

Space Saver Wheel Questions
« on: March 21, 2018, 02:55:33 PM »
Hi folks

2 questions if I may?

1.  Will a 14" space saver from a 2005 Jazz fit a 2012 1.4 Jazz (running 16" 185/55/16 wheels)

2.  Does anyone have a 2012 compatible space saver that can tell me the dimensions of the space saver rim - width, diameter & ET/offset value? 

Thanks
Chris

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Space Saver Wheel Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »
Hi folks

2 questions if I may?

1.  Will a 14" space saver from a 2005 Jazz fit a 2012 1.4 Jazz (running 16" 185/55/16 wheels)

2.  Does anyone have a 2012 compatible space saver that can tell me the dimensions of the space saver rim - width, diameter & ET/offset value? 

Thanks
Chris

Plenty of info here

http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=2908.0

spacesaver complete,  and a good price

https://www.thewheelshop.co.uk/honda-jazz-2008-present-day-space-saver-spare-wheel-16.html

But I would rather have a full size spare (it will fit in wheelwell on GE)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Spare-Wheel-Tyre-Honda-Jazz/dp/B01CEFV1T2
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 05:38:23 PM »
I think all Jazz space savers are the same.  I  bought a new one recently only because my previous one, although unused and originally from a Rover 45, was 20 years old and I was worried about the condition of the rubber.  Also, I needed the boot adaptor to support the Mk 3 boot floor

donerkebab

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »
So for a MK 3 what else is needed apart from the space saver and jack? I don't really want to pay dealers price of £230

Hobo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Ex Mk2 Jazz, now 2020 Civic EX Auto

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2018, 05:16:15 PM »
So for a MK 3 what else is needed apart from the space saver and jack? I don't really want to pay dealers price of £230
You will need something to support the feeble boot floor.  There are home- made solutions described elsewhere in this forum.

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2018, 08:06:07 PM »
You will need something to support the feeble boot floor.  There are home- made solutions described elsewhere in this forum.
I use a cut down sheet of MDF with 'Thanks, Honda' written on it in memory of the wonderful boot floor that the Mk2 had that they couldn't be bothered to include in the Mk3.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
I use a cut down sheet of MDF with 'Thanks, Honda' written on it in memory of the wonderful boot floor that the Mk2 had that they couldn't be bothered to include in the Mk3.

Every gram of weight they can save is a small victory for engineers, which is why they went to spacesaver and then no spare wheel at all. If no spare I guess they can also claim that space as part of 'luggage' capacity, and every litre counts to claim more than rival cars.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

andruec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: (ex)Jazz Mk3 EX-t
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 10:04:53 AM »

Every gram of weight they can save is a small victory for engineers, which is why they went to spacesaver and then no spare wheel at all. If no spare I guess they can also claim that space as part of 'luggage' capacity, and every litre counts to claim more than rival cars.
True but in this case the two are mutually exclusive. In the Mk2 they could claim the spare wheel well was storage because they'd carpeted it and provided a hatch that could even lock open with a convenient hidden cargo net with it's own hatch. All in all a very clever storage area.

With the Mk3 they haven't even bothered to paint the spare wheel area (not on mine anyway) and using it for storage requires reinforcement of the boot floor and an old sheet to protect the primer.

guest7366

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 10:54:01 PM »
My Series 2 Jazz came with the aerosol tyre 'repair' kit and 12vcompressor. Forget it. Go onto the interweb and, for about a hundred quid, buy a good second-hand wheel and tyre. The wheel well is deep enough to take a full size wheel. Simples.

Tags: