Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
In Car Entertainment / Re: 2014 Jazz Vti head unit
« Last post by John A on January 15, 2018, 11:58:07 AM »
Have you thought about getting a second hand unit?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Fitting DRL's
« Last post by culzean on January 15, 2018, 11:41:38 AM »
The DRL's controller will sense system voltage to see if engine is running to turn on (and turn off if voltage is too low, less than 13v to 13.5v I think) this is to make  DRL's 'automatic' as they will only light up with engine running and turn off when engine is stopped.  I have read the Jazz (and maybe other cars) can reduce alternator output almost off (below 13V) when battery is charged and not many accessories on.

Is there a wire on your kit to turn DRL off when headlights come on ?

My car does not have DRL so I fitted LED bulbs in sidelights and just ran on sidelights normally (now I have LED headlight bulbs I just drive with dip on all the time now, as the LED are not going to wear out like filaments), the problem with DRL is that rear lights are not on and some people think just because front is lit up the rear is as well and tootle around in the dark morning and evening 'saving' their headlight bulbs by using DRL but from behind the car is pretty invisible.
« Last post by Rhysfjf on January 15, 2018, 11:23:02 AM »
I don't really understand your comment about varying voltage.

A nominal 12v battery will give around 12.7 when fully charged but will show up to circa 13.8-14.4v under charge conditions.
None of these variations should have any affect on the operation of DRL lights.

Hi, thanks for the reply - if you have a read of the previous posts it explains why the lights are turning on and off.

The person who created this thread mentioned running the blue and red wire to somewhere on the fuse box, but didn't ever confirm their outcome - I tried private messaging but unfortunately they don't allow private messages.

I think the Jazz alternator switches between 12 and 14 volts in order to save power, this confuses the DRL controller box which thinks the engine is off.

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Oil Consumption??
« Last post by olduser1 on January 15, 2018, 11:12:01 AM »
Jocko Your right about the door pockets/oil - when I sold on Mini's from the local auction all new owners all got a tin of Duckhams .
« Last post by Kenneve on January 15, 2018, 10:51:25 AM »
I don't really understand your comment about varying voltage.

A nominal 12v battery will give around 12.7 when fully charged but will show up to circa 13.8-14.4v under charge conditions.
None of these variations should have any affect on the operation of DRL lights.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Cruise control - is it an effective option?
« Last post by peteo48 on January 15, 2018, 10:46:14 AM »
I have only had Cruise Control on two vehicles one with a 'proper' auto box and the Honda I shift.  Having a damaged right knee it is a very helpful where it can be used. I can honestly say I have never had my foot hovering over the brake pedal. After all whatever you are driving, one should be prepared to brake when necessary. So whether it's in cruise control or not it is you that is the brakeman. Once you touch the brake the Cruise Control is over ridden. You have to reengage it after braking.
One question. How does it work with a manual box, if an incline needs a change of gear?

It's a matter of personal taste. I was reading about this last night in the light of various comments and there is a view that cruise, in heavy traffic, can slow reaction time just that little bit - the right foot, on a manual, has further to move. That makes me feel insecure and it's why I won't use cruise in heavy traffic. Indeed there is a view amongst experts that you shouldn't use it in heavy traffic. The only exception I make to this are when I'm in a lengthy 50 mph stretch on the motorway - I compensate for the extra braking time by lengthening my following distance.

There's a wider issue over cruise and increasing automation generally as we move to more assisted driving. The more tasks are removed from the driver, the more likely his/her attention is likely to wander according to some road safety experts.

That said, I hope my next car has adaptive cruise! I would use that much more frequently.
New Members / Re: New Zealand Jazz owner
« Last post by Jocko on January 15, 2018, 10:21:05 AM »
Welcome. Yes, it is a very versatile wee car.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: 2018 facelift pricing announced
« Last post by jazzaro on January 15, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »
Yes, 1.5 naturally aspirated, the same of the HRV.
« Last post by Rhysfjf on January 15, 2018, 10:03:55 AM »
Hiya,

I realise this is an old thread but I'm currently facing the same issue mentioned above - I have the exact same DRL lights which are wired in the exactly the same way as in the diagram on page 9 of this link:- http://www.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/1200000-1299999/001231624-an-01-ml-PHILIPS_LE_de_en_fr_es_cs_pl_ro_ru_fi_sv.pdf

I've also noticed that the lights turn on and off randomly which after searching the wonderful internet have discovered is because of the varying voltage our cars produce.

I just wondered if anyone ever resolved this? Do I need to take the red and blue wire to the fuse box in the car to fix the issue? I'm not very clued up on electrical stuff, but am more than capable of following instructions.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Cruise control - is it an effective option?
« Last post by d2d4j on January 15, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
Hi

I use cruise control every day even at its lowest on setting - circa 25mph

I find it easy and if traffic in front getting close, I use cancel to slow down before using brakes, if gap opens up, I use resume button to take me back to same speed

On hills, the higher speed in cruise control works better then lower speeds but it still loses its speed inline with the steepness of the hill. On a motorway at 80mph, it maintains speed on hills however at 40mph on a hill, it will lose speed but does not sound to labour.

I live in a hilly place, infact, I live half way down a very steep hill, so when first setting off, no cruise control until around 30mph, then it goes on and works very well

As a driver, I never hover over the brake pedal, just use cancel/resume buttons mostly, unless traffic is stopping. Just the same as driving without cruise control, you have to aware of traffic and what’s around you

Incidentally, i bought car genie because in the event of a accident/crash, it alerts the AA who then are meant to ring you so as I travel alone a lot, it may save my life if

Many thanks

John
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything