Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Ended up with this one..
« Last post by Omits on October 21, 2018, 10:11:12 PM »
Ah so. Well even with VTiming I am expecting the stated mpg to be actually less by some 8mpg.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Main Beam Assist
« Last post by peteo48 on October 21, 2018, 09:29:39 PM »
If brake lights blind you then see an optician. I find them at worst, mildly irritating. I would prefer to put my car in neutral and release the brake pedal but for whatever reason that will cause the engine to restart. I tried to ask Honda why but got a useless response from them. For some reason that's how they implemented idle stop on the automatic version.
[/quote]

I am new to automatics but aren't they all the same in this respect? Just before I got the car I spoke to my brother who hasn't driven a manual for over 40 years and he said he has always just used foot on the brake in all stop situations except longer stops (level crossings for example). I think the auto idle stop on his BMW works on the footbrake as well.

I will admit to finding it mildly irritating that I can't use the idle stop system without keeping my foot on the brake. I'd prefer neutral, handbrake then into drive and away. Anything to avoid the tension in the leg.

PS

Something went wrong (my bad I fear) but the quote was from andruec above.
« Last post by Skyrider on October 21, 2018, 09:20:41 PM »
It's not the cars fault if you stop under a bridge or overhanging trees and does it really matter, the lights go off when you move.

In the scenario mentioned,  the driver in front of me wonders what the hell is going on, when my lights come!!
And don't get me started on drivers stopped in the queue with their brake lights on!!
Unfortunately that's a requirement of idle stop if you drive the automatic Jazz.

The Jazz and most auto transmission are designed to be left in drive for short or even stops of a few minutes. As the majority of cars worldwide are automatic and their number is increasing with all electric and most hybrid cars being autos I don't think minor irritation some have with brake light glare is going to go away. Try driving in a American city on a wet night for impressive brake light glare.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: 2006 Jazz Sport
« Last post by Vespasian28 on October 21, 2018, 09:19:43 PM »
Well so far I've only gotten it out by less than a centimetre on the left, enough to get a tenuous grip but not even close to getting any kind of access.
« Last post by andruec on October 21, 2018, 09:11:58 PM »
It's not the cars fault if you stop under a bridge or overhanging trees and does it really matter, the lights go off when you move.

In the scenario mentioned,  the driver in front of me wonders what the hell is going on, when my lights come!!
And don't get me started on drivers stopped in the queue with their brake lights on!!
Unfortunately that's a requirement of idle stop if you drive the automatic Jazz.
I just think it's good driving practice/good manners, not to blind the driver behind me, especially since I don't like being blinded myself.
If brake lights blind you then see an optician. I find them at worst, mildly irritating. I would prefer to put my car in neutral and release the brake pedal but for whatever reason that will cause the engine to restart. I tried to ask Honda why but got a useless response from them. For some reason that's how they implemented idle stop on the automatic version.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Best Camera.
« Last post by culzean on October 21, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
I have a Nextbase 512G and it is excellent. They have brought out an even better, updated version, the Nextbase 512GW (118 from Amazon).

That's the one that I would go for.  It will allow you to attach a rear camera to it at a later date.

Or take a look at the Nextbase DUO HD Dash Cam which gives you both forward and rear facing from the start.

Be careful of the 512Gw with rear camera as both cameras share the same memory and the definition suffers, you can get the matching rear camera for about 50 notes. I have 512GW but I decided the loss of front definition ( drops from 1440 quad at 30fps down to 1080 ) was not good, so have not got the rear camera.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/nextbase-512gw-with-rear-camera-recording-quality.35648/
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Battery replacement. - 2005 1.4 CVT
« Last post by sparky Paul on October 21, 2018, 08:57:52 PM »
Something funny there that battery normally comes with a 5 year warranty.  May be old stock and seller is not willing to give full 5 years warranty.

https://www.mdsbattery.co.uk/yuasa-ybx5054-silver-12v-40ah-054-car-battery.html

Yes, that is a bit odd. The 5 year warranty would be from the manufacturer anyway, and has to apply from date of purchase... unless they are grey imports or something, in which case the only warranty is from the retailer.

In any case, most battery warranties only pay out a percentage of the purchase price in the 3rd, 4th and 5th year - this can be as little as 20% in the fifth year, about the scrap value, so I don't tend get to get too hung up about the warranties. Just stick to a battery with a decent reputation.
« Last post by Kenneve on October 21, 2018, 08:06:12 PM »
I just think it's good driving practice/good manners, not to blind the driver behind me, especially since I don't like being blinded myself.
When you have been driving over 60 years like me, it becomes second nature, there is no clutch, it is no effort, what's the problem?
Sorry to move off topic again, but it's just how i feel.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Best Camera.
« Last post by Jocko on October 21, 2018, 07:22:49 PM »
Some stills from video.

These are not stills but screenshots from video.
« Last post by Skyrider on October 21, 2018, 07:19:18 PM »
Doesn't that defeat one of the points of a auto car? I hope you never drive in a country where manual cars are a rarity. As this will be before many more years.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
anything