Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Car Care & Detailing / Re: Ready for the winter
« Last post by jazzway on November 14, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »
As I said earlier. My car would really benefit with a polish with a D/A. I just hand polish, with Meguiar`s G17216EU Ultimate Compound, then wax with the Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax.
I know and you also mentioned it another post. Yes, a correction polish done with a D/A machine, when done good, it removes a little clear-coat and with that swirls and scratches go away that improves shine. You can also do it by hand, but not as perfect and it's a really hard job. But by using it by hand as you do, you are still cleaning the paint! And from the photos i have seen, your car looks really good!

You can try another polish maybe. Poorboy's World White Diamond or -Blank Hole f.e., it's a cleanser polish and it fills swirls and minor scratches beautiful, then wax and enjoy the shine! :)
« Last post by VicW on November 14, 2017, 03:18:04 PM »
I gave up polishing cars donkeys years ago, I consider that for the difference it makes to the appearance and value isn't worth the outlay or effort.
Having a drive means that I can wash the car with a hose attached to a lance with a brush having first washed the grit off with the hose and a jet.No chance of grit scratching
 the paintwork. The wheels get done with a wheel brush on the hose. The garage hose also runs off softened water so if the weather is a bit iffy only the windows get leather dried the body gets the water removed with a squeegee. Soft water means no marks left as it dries out.
In the winter the wheel arches and underside get sprayed as well to get the mud and salt out.
The last cleaning expense I had was a new leather after ten years of use.
I am told that the new wash and polish liquids are very good even if the car is grubby but I would be a bit worried about the grit on the bodywork.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Rear wash wipe.
« Last post by jazzway on November 14, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »
I have the mudflaps (mk2) and there's a little improvement on the rear screen, i think... Since i put them on the car i have never used screen wash on the rear screen.
But the lower sides of the car and rear bumper benefit much more from the mudflaps, they are staying a lot cleaner!
« Last post by Jocko on November 14, 2017, 02:56:18 PM »
As I said earlier. My car would really benefit with a polish with a D/A. I just hand polish, with Meguiar`s G17216EU Ultimate Compound, then wax with the Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax.
« Last post by Jocko on November 14, 2017, 02:50:57 PM »
Remember guys, I have a Mk 1. Maybe 2's and 3's are different.
Car Care & Detailing / Ready for the winter
« Last post by jazzway on November 14, 2017, 02:48:27 PM »
Jocko, when you said you didn't see any difference, i was assuming also the clay stayed clean. When i clay our silver Jazz i also don't see a difference on the paint, but the clay-bar later showed it was there. The same with other light-medium colored cars, but our daughter's car is black and on that color you see everything! After a good wash and before claying, the car was clean with a brownish glow, after claying it was black.
The difference i always see, with every color, is when it's polished (cleanser polish, or other). When we picked up our Jazz 2 years ago it looked good, when i clayed and polished it( cleanser polish, done by hand) a few months later you could see a big difference - very smooth and there was a much improved clarity which made the metallic paint underneath sparkle. But as i said previous, when you don't see road/traffic film that doesn't mean it isn't there. You just proved that. When you want the best durability of a wax, sealant or coating, the paint has to be clean!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Honda Connect won't load!
« Last post by Steve_M on November 14, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »
If your stuck on the "H" screen then try pressing and holding the "Power" and "Day/Night" buttons together for 5 seconds, this will then trigger a re-boot which can take up to 2 to 3 minutes.
« Last post by Kenneve on November 14, 2017, 02:34:55 PM »
I have mudflaps fitted and the screen still gets dirty, which begs the question, are mudflaps the reason?
« Last post by Jocko on November 14, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »
No, no mudflaps at all.
« Last post by VicW on November 14, 2017, 01:53:44 PM »
Jocko, has your Jazz got rear mudflaps fitted?
My previous Jazz's all had mudflaps but my current one doesn't and the difference is very noticeable.
The mudflaps definitely are an improvement.

Vic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]