Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Indicating protocol.
« Last post by RichardA on Today at 11:44:25 AM »
It was mentioned above about German cars and the behaviour of the their drivers. I can only assume the original cut of this music video had the guy driving a 320d like a twit, only for the record company to tell him to reshoot it as somthing less appropriate: :D

Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Indicating protocol.
« Last post by RichardA on Today at 11:37:56 AM »
Merge in turn is in the highway code.

Use both lanes when queuing until the pinch point then zip merge.
This is the appropriate part.

You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

There is no mention of "Use both lanes when queuing until the pinch point then zip merge", but it does say to follow the signs, and if the signs have been saying a lane is closed for a half mile or more, then I consider they have ignored the signs if they get to within 200 yards of the pinch point and still press on. Then they can take pot luck.

The lane isn't closed until it's closed, the signs are a warning that the lane will close in xxx yards. If traffic is slow moving then merging further up works best.

I caught this on the dashcam at the sliproad from the M25 anti-clockwise to M23 southbound. The sliproad goes from two to one lane, traffic was queuing and people were merging in turn. I don't see why the same principle can't be adopted at roadworks, I'm sure the above rule is intended to encourage this practice where conditions allow:

(screenshot):

Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Honda Jazz 2010 Air Con issue north london
« Last post by Saif on Today at 10:35:35 AM »
Hi All,
Hoping someone can advise or assist in finding a garage to fix the issues, I had my car serviced by Honda in Enfield a month ago and they refilled the gas and air con worked for a few days, then it stopped working, I went back to Honda and they investigated the issue and said it was the condessor which needs replacing, but the cost is around £650 to get it done.does anyone know of a garage or an expert or deals with AC around North London who will be able to look at this and of course for a cheaper price than quoted via a dealership..

Based in around Enfield, North Finchley, Barnet.

Thanks in advance
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Speed limit signs.
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 08:24:58 AM »
My question is, under law, should the 40 mph limit not be in force until it is rescinded, either by NSLA or by another "speed" sign?
The law requires that any limit other than NSL or 30 must have periodic repeater signs as well as the signs at start and finish of the restriction. If those weren’t present then the speed limit wasn’t properly signed and anyone prosecuted for speeding would have a ready-made defence.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Sport nav updates
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 07:19:43 AM »
I presume they all have dab radio, my 1.3 S has one as standard, it's useless out here in rural Norfolk, every time you go around a corner you lose the signal, it works fine in the larger towns tho.

When I am in poor DAB reception areas the radio automatically switches between DAB and FM as required. My garage is an example, sometimes it switches to FM as I leave the garage but it has switched back to DAB within a few hundred metres. Although I live in a strong DAB signal  area I suspect it is my sectional metal door rolling over the top of the car and blocking the signal. This has occaisionally happened with both my Jazzes, also in some hilly rural areas.
« Last post by Notebook64 on July 21, 2018, 10:17:32 PM »
Thanks
« Last post by MicktheMonster on July 21, 2018, 08:22:18 PM »
I presume they all have dab radio, my 1.3 S has one as standard, it's useless out here in rural Norfolk, every time you go around a corner you lose the signal, it works fine in the larger towns tho.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Extending the revs.
« Last post by MicktheMonster on July 21, 2018, 08:11:59 PM »
Today, for the first time, I had the wee car up to 4,500 rpm. Just for the sake of it, I might add. I never feel the need. Surprised just how well it started to go North of 4,000 rpm. You can feel it, as they used to say, "come on the cam". I could get used to it!

You should get it up to 4500 revs every day, they sound great and go like a hairy bear!
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Speed limit signs.
« Last post by Jocko on July 21, 2018, 05:48:33 PM »
Today, as usual on a summer Saturday, the traffic approaching the Queensferry Crossing was queuing and they had a speed limit enforced. The Smart speed limit signs were reducing traffic speed, first to 50 mph, and then to 40. As you approached the bridge the off slip for South Queensferry was showing National Speed Limit Applies for the traffic going that way, but continuing at 40 mph for the bridge itself. Then, once you got on the bridge, and the traffic thinned out, the signs were all off. By the time I got to the North end of the bridge traffic was back up to 70 mph.
My question is, under law, should the 40 mph limit not be in force until it is rescinded, either by NSLA or by another "speed" sign? If that was the case, the first sign to rescind the 40 was a 70 at Rosyth, a couple of miles North of the bridge.
I realise that road works are great at sticking a speed limit sign to slow the traffic, and that is your lot, but this was on a national motorway system. Seems like slack traffic management by Traffic Scotland.
I take it the guys with speed sensor systems will either continue at 40, or have to manually override the system?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Extending the revs.
« Last post by culzean on July 21, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
Today, for the first time, I had the wee car up to 4,500 rpm. Just for the sake of it, I might add. I never feel the need. Surprised just how well it started to go North of 4,000 rpm. You can feel it, as they used to say, "come on the cam". I could get used to it!

My experience of iDSi 8 valve engine is that it was better low down (more tractable and urban friendly) than the iVTEC 16 valve but that it 'ran out of steam / got a bit breathless' above 4500 revs (iDSi does not have any cam change mechanism fitted).  On the other hand the IVtec is not too good below 2500  and the more you rev it the better it gets,  and the 'getting better' extends right up to red line. This is typical of 2 valve per cylinder vs 4 valves per cylinder engines.  For the Jazz I actually preferred the iDSi which suited its purpose better (as a mainly urban car ). I traveled many motorway miles in iDSi Jazzes and never really found them lacking, as 70mph was around 3200 rpm in 5th.   Maybe it is the Psuedo Atkinson cycle on iVTec that spoils it lower down,  I think 12/16 valve VTec would have been better for drivability rather than keeping all 16 valves working all the time and holding them open at low revs to pump a lot of the 'go juice' back into inlet manifold.  IMHO fuel consumption of iDSi can be better than later iVTec engines, and power on iVTec comes in too high up the revs for most people to use (especially my wife who never gets above 3000).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything