Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Mk2 OEM alloys
« Last post by sparky Paul on March 16, 2018, 07:22:56 PM »
Someone's snagged the last set, as you say it's not worth refurbing them at that price. Bargain.

You could then sell the old rims, or even scrap them - 15" alloys are currently scrapping about 8-10 quid each.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Will I regret buying the 1.2 vs 1.4?
« Last post by sparky Paul on March 16, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »
corroded quietly away under the powder coating and under the tyre beading and cause slow punctures in a couple of wheels (not to be confused with 'porous alloys') - the tyre fitter says they see it a lot.

Lots of cast wheels are porous, it's not normally a problem until corrosion creeps under the tyre bead and removes the paint from the bead seat. I keep a tin of rimseal handy, but it's only a temporary remedy. The corrosion keeps creeping along, and you have to sand off the oxidised bits and reapply the sealer every time the tyres come off.

What I would add to what I said earlier, steel wheels are less maintenance, but alloys do look nicer, and replacing or refurbishing bad rims is not the end of the world after years of driving. The problem with the Jazz is that they do seem prone to damage at the edge - look out for tyres with a good rim protection, it does work.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Are these prices fair?
« Last post by Rory on March 16, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »
Is that sheet from a Honda dealer?  The spectacularly mis-named Honda "Happiness" pricing for rear discs and pads is £290.

I got caught by this recently and I'm very sore about it - I thought there was a fault under warranty but the garage insisted it just needed new disc and pads.  The garage we use for another of our cars said they'd have been at least £100 less.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Mk2 OEM alloys
« Last post by weeleyboy on March 16, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »
I ordered the last but one set for delivery by the Monday and arrived on the Thursday before Very pleased with them, now just working on best tyres for them. I'm leaning towards Michelin Crossclimate which are not cheap but highly rated. Open to suggestions of alternatives.
New Members / New Member Post
« Last post by Wackyg on March 16, 2018, 05:52:44 PM »
Have been a Jazz owner for many years, bought the first during the scrappage scheme of 20?? Sorry, memory is getting worse in old age. Now on my second model, a Series 3 CVT but don’t do a very high mileage these days. Never had any problem with either car but stumbled across this site looking for an explanation why the “stop-start” system seemed not to be kicking in recently. Thought it might be due to the cold weather reducing the battery capacity but spotted a post reminding that the Instruction Manual says that if you charge the battery (which I have recently) you might have to momentarily lift the negative battery connection to reset the battery monitoring. Well, it is said “if all else fails, read the Instruction Manual.” Regards all.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Replacing windscreen wiper blades
« Last post by culzean on March 16, 2018, 05:49:46 PM »
Why skimp on a newish car costing thousands? A front set of Bosch good quality blades can be bought online for less than £18.
And a typical set of silicone inserts costs £10. Rubber inserts half that (and I can find those online).

It's not about skimping. It's about not paying for things you don't need. I only need the blades replaced, nothing else. Plus, so far, all I've found is heads with rubber as you have posted (but thanks for that anyway). A friend of mine has silicone blades and they seem to do a better job.

I'm hoping that silicone will reduce the amount of tweaking I have to do to the wiper sensitivity. It's winding me up that I'm probably adjusting my wipers more than someone who doesn't have automatic wipers.

Have tried silicone blades in the past,  they do leave a smear of silicone on the screen which can cause a misting / smearing effect.  They have a advantage winter as silicone rubber does not get torn by freezing to screen as easily as rubber, and ice does not stick as firmly,  but the film / smearing was too much for me.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Are these prices fair?
« Last post by culzean on March 16, 2018, 05:35:42 PM »
Prices are not that bad for tyres, do you have 15" or 16"  wheels ? (I'm guessing 15"  as 16" tyres are pretty pricey and it is a rare size).

Are you able to fits brake bits yourself ?

You can get rear discs for less than £40 each from  Eurocarparts or similar, and rear pads as well very cheap (rear brakes don't do much anyway).  I would go for better quality on front pads (and discs if they need replacing) as they do up to 80% of braking - but you can still get good prices. On some cars specially if your alloy wheels are very 'open' (big spaces between spokes) a lot of crap can get on the discs and calipers and cause rusting discs and problems,  steel wheels do protect the brake parts a lot better.   

As far as driving on tyres with 2mm of tread,  I would not do it as on wet roads they will aquaplane easily. 

Brake pads are an easier call as they will work as long as there is material present,  but should not really be used below 1.6mm (you may get a loud squealing around this figure as the 'alarm strip'  does its job and rubs on the disc, as material gets thinner there is a danger of pad steel backing rubbing on discs and tearing up the surface, this will definitely mean new pads and discs straight away).
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Brakes
« Last post by Molly on March 16, 2018, 05:33:49 PM »
Thanks all I'll have look at them.
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Honda Manchester closed down?
« Last post by olduser1 on March 16, 2018, 05:32:04 PM »
When these events happen they never clear their parts bins... pity.
Dealers & Insurance / Re: Tailored Honda service plans
« Last post by olduser1 on March 16, 2018, 05:31:02 PM »
Your choice for peace of mind, personally I never bothered with these offers.
Take look at Warranty Direct for a similar plan & compare the £££'s
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10