Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Best Camera.
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 08:38:32 PM »
We seem to have lost the plot again.
What has fuel consumption got to do with, Best Camera.???

I am sorry to hear that you have lost the plot, we are discussing aspects of the MK3 Jazz. Apart from the people talking about MK1 fuel consumption.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Autonomous vehicles.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 08:37:59 PM »
By a ratio of 3:1 fatal accidents occur more on rural roads, where speeds are higher, roads are narrower, more twisty and hilly, road surfaces not so good and often covered in leaves or mud - this is the area where autonomous cars could make the most difference ( if they could ever travel above 15mph ), but it is the area where they will be least at home. With hedges and trees scattering back random reflections to sensors, road markings missing or obscured by leaves or mud and roads not cleared of snow. Initially ( and IMHO for a long time ) AV will be restricted to small and well defined city areas, where accidents are normally a lot less serious than in rural areas. Will it be possible for AV to pass on a single track road with passing refuges like normal human controlled cars do all the time ? How about if an AV has to cross a double white line to pass a slow or stopped tractor or vehicle, and how about detecting and safely passing cyclists ?  Just a few on many scenarios that humans take in their stride and hardly need to think about.
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 08:21:37 PM »
We seem to have lost the plot again.
What has fuel consumption got to do with, Best Camera.???
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Noise from gearbox
« Last post by Eemahn on Today at 08:07:51 PM »
I have just noticed now that the gearbox noise doesn't happen when the car's cold but it happens when it is warmed up. could anyone please explain this?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Warning light
« Last post by dinesh on Today at 07:32:58 PM »
Hi,

A new warning light has recently appeared on my dash board. It appears when I lock the doors, see attached photograph. Is this related to the security system or something else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 07:10:23 PM »
Btw, just a little joke in there. Not disagreeing with you.
No, it's fine. I am proud of my mpg figures and try my hardest to keep them up. Mainly through anticipation and trying to avoid having to use my brakes. Why use petrol to generate heat when you could use it to go miles!
« Last post by Omits on Today at 06:59:50 PM »
It's a challenge I will take up. I hope there is a 'vacuum gage' as on my Micra. I use this to gage 'light throttle'. Btw, just a little joke in there. Not disagreeing with you.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Main Beam Assist
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 06:59:05 PM »
The torque converter is a simple fluid coupling, it is pretty much indestructible in normal use, you can't even overheat it's oil as the CVTs oil temperature is regulated by the engine coolant temperature.
Hmm. So that leaves us wondering why so many automatics with idle stop require that the brake pedal be kept pressed whilst (it appears) the automatic cars that have a clutch do not.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/technology/stop-start

"If you're driving an automatic, it's even easier; the system kicks in and automatically deactivates your engine whenever you've stepped on the brake and reactivates it whenever you press the accelerator."

I suppose it could just be poor design by Honda. It begs the question why they'd bother to fit a switch on the gear lever to detect moving out of neutral.

A torque converter will naturally try to creep the car forward, it does not fully disengage the drive like a clutch can, there is always a bit of drive due to viscous fluid friction.

VW uses a DSG gearbox, a totally different design to a CVT.

This may help.

Comparing apples with apples helps.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 06:46:02 PM »
The torque converter is a simple fluid coupling, it is pretty much indestructible in normal use, you can't even overheat it's oil as the CVTs oil temperature is regulated by the engine coolant temperature.
Hmm. So that leaves us wondering why so many automatics with idle stop require that the brake pedal be kept pressed whilst (it appears) the automatic cars that have a clutch do not.

"If you're driving an automatic, it's even easier; the system kicks in and automatically deactivates your engine whenever you've stepped on the brake and reactivates it whenever you press the accelerator."

I suppose it could just be poor design by Honda. It begs the question why they'd bother to fit a switch on the gear lever to detect moving out of neutral.

A torque converter will naturally try to creep the car forward, it does not fully disengage the drive like a clutch can, there is always a bit of drive due to viscous fluid friction.
« Last post by andruec on Today at 06:35:09 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
anything