Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Year end audit.
« Last post by VicW on Today at 04:00:20 PM »
I congratulate you on your diligence Jocko.
Personally fuel consumption is not something that I take much interest in. I only monitor the built in readout, which I appreciate is optimistic, to advise me of any drastic changes in consumption that may indicate a problem, such as when I had a brake caliper binding.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Sport nav updates
« Last post by VicW on Today at 03:53:32 PM »
We have got two mains powered DAB radios in the house, both with purpose bought aerials.
The DAB performance of both these radios is poor with inconsistent reception at all times of the day and night.
The FM performance is excellent and we can't see any better quality from the DAB radio when it works satisfactorily.
My son has a Civic with a DAB radio and it fades at random.

Vic.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Year end audit.
« Last post by peteo48 on Today at 02:44:00 PM »
That's the sort of economy you'd be looking at from a modern turbo diesel. Superb figures.
Welcome. That is very good mpg figures. I only saw 2-3 mpg difference, and here the price difference was 10p+ a litre, so there was no contest.

Same here, especially as I normally use a Sainsbury's petrol station in an area where there's also a Morrisons, ASDA, Tesco and x2 Esso stations within a few miles. The local Shell garage has much less competition so the price hike to use V-Power isn't worth it for the marginal mpg gains. Using Shell V-Power did however appear to make the EGR valve (?) issue less noticeable in stop/start traffic.

I think the situation is that Jocko already drives carefully for maximum MPG.  so maybe higher octane would only make a small difference.  I drive 'fairly normally' and did notice that higher octane made enough difference to MPG and the smoothness of the engine to make it worthwhile,  and this was tried over many years of the same 80 mile round trip per day commute,  in all seasons and temperatures.   I don't do enough miles now to worry too much about MPG,  but still fill up every third or fourth tank with V power or similar.

I still think from experience that MK1 iDSi is capable of better MPG than later models if you want to drive it carefully,  so much for all the tech on later models promising better MPG.
« Last post by culzean on Today at 02:13:21 PM »
http://public-service.net/docu/DABillusionsPSR.pdf
https://medium.com/@tgheretford/dead-and-buried-fd85514a4fa7

I find it funny that DAB is referred to by professional in broadcasting as 'Dead And Buried' - mainly for its shortcomings,  not least of which is bad quality. Apparently DAB has been pushed by commercial interests lobbying EU ministers,  it has spread not due to technical excellence but because of vested interests and the well know ignorance of politicians on scientific and technical matters.

FM is here for a long time yet,  and other techs will take over from DAB.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Extending the revs.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:10:57 PM »
Gave it another blast today. 5426 rpm in 3rd, for 73 mph.
Rev counter reads 3,000 rpm for an indicated 70 mph in 5th, so culzean's 3200 rpm for an accurate 70 mph is probably about right. 1.2 i-DSi is s sweet little engine.
Did an interim top up today, so I could do my annual anniversary audit. Unbelievable figure of 70.9 mpg for 234.2 miles. Short top ups are not the most accurate. Average for the past year (8,910 miles) worked out at 55.2 mpg.

I have stopped buying petrol at Morrisons. I crossed over town to Asda, so I will use them for a spell to see if I can avoid "iffy" top ups.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Year end audit.
« Last post by Jocko on Today at 02:04:00 PM »
Today is my 2nd anniversary of taking ownership of my Jazz, so I topped off the tank and worked out my numbers for this year, and since buying the car.
This year I have covered 8910 miles, which works out at 171 miles per week. I have used a total of 161.3 gallons of petrol which calculates out at an average of 55.2 mpg over that distance. Cannot get much more accurate than that.
Total cost was 2,374.22, which covers fuel, tax, insurance, servicing, repairs, parking, polish, shampoo, odd car wash and of course, by gearbox repair. That works out at 45.66/week or 27p/mile.
I don't figure depreciation in my costs, as I buy an old car and run it until it is finished. I do calculate the cost per mile for the running total, including the purchase price, and it currently stands at 38p/mile. That of course reduces, the longer I keep the car.
Overall I am pleased with these numbers.
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 12:20:23 PM »
DIY satnav updating should be feasible unless Honda has messed things up with the refresh. These instructions https://www.hrvforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=409&sid=d5a87f08b1d477966f72664e616ce0b3 relate to the HR-V which is the same as the Mk 3 Jazz in this respect.
Welcome. That is very good mpg figures. I only saw 2-3 mpg difference, and here the price difference was 10p+ a litre, so there was no contest.

Same here, especially as I normally use a Sainsbury's petrol station in an area where there's also a Morrisons, ASDA, Tesco and x2 Esso stations within a few miles. The local Shell garage has much less competition so the price hike to use V-Power isn't worth it for the marginal mpg gains. Using Shell V-Power did however appear to make the EGR valve (?) issue less noticeable in stop/start traffic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
anything