Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Honda Jazz 2005 UK model Alarm/Keyless entry Unit
« Last post by Joseph on November 17, 2017, 11:22:26 PM »
My Jazz seems to have had a combined Alarm/Keyless entry system installed by the dealer when imported. I bought the car used and found that someone had disconnected the wiring. There is 'Honda HA3 Delta' written on this black unite and it also have ultrasonic sensors. Anyone please may have a wiring diagram for this system?

Thanks

Joseph
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by peteo48 on November 17, 2017, 10:35:07 PM »
I suppose the acid test will be in, say, 10 years time. Who will be selling and producing the most EVs? At some point, or so they keep telling us, it will possible to buy electric cars for the same price as ICE cars. Will Tesla be knocking out millions of supermini sized electric cars at, say, £15,000 in today's money?

My guess is that they won't and that mass market will be dominated by the usual suspects. Tesla may not be as niche as Aston Martin but they may well remain a luxury car brand. A BMW or a Mercedes and not a Ford or a Toyota.
« Last post by Jocko on November 17, 2017, 10:12:56 PM »
while Tesla will be more like Aston-Martin - producing high margin cars but not many of them
So what you are saying is Tesla and Aston Martin are both crap because they both build some of the best cars of their class. Aston Martin spent years pushing the envelope and now Tesla are doing it with EVs.
And today it has been announced that Jaguar are trialling driverless cars in the streets of Coventry. Not that it counts. After all Jaguar is another niche market, selling luxury performance cars.
Tesla sells a lot of cars. The company's Model S was the world's best-selling plug-in electric car in 2015 and 2016. Global sales of the Model S reached 150,000 units in November 2016. In September 2015 the company released its Model X. The Model 3 was released in July 2017. Tesla global sales passed 250,000 units in September 2017. Nissan sold more than 250,000 Leafs worldwide through December 2016, making the Leaf the world's all-time best-selling highway-capable electric car in history. But not all that far ahead of Tesla.
« Last post by culzean on November 17, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
It's interesting - the whole Tesla thing. I think Culzean has a point. If you want an affordable new EV most people will think "Nissan Leaf" - if you want a used EV, there is a critical mass of used Leafs for sale. If you now want an affordable EV that will do 150 miles plus - well Nissan are there again with the second generation Leaf at vaguely affordable prices. In the meantime there are people who stumped up a £1,000 reservation fee for the Tesla Model 3 nearly 2 years ago now - they are still waiting.

So at least one traditional car maker is in pole position in the EV market.

Exactly,  I have significant experience of car industry and it is a high volume low margin business, Tesla will be overtaken soon by traditional car makers who have the resources, infrastructure and skills to make large volumes of cars,  while Tesla will be more like Aston-Martin - producing high margin cars but not many of them - Tesla at present has about $4billion of capital and over $7 billion of debt.  All of the other 'silicon valley' wannabee car makers dropped out of trying to make cars and decided to concentrate on the technology,  only Musk / Tesla left and his position gets more tenuous by the day.
« Last post by peteo48 on November 17, 2017, 07:37:13 PM »
It's interesting - the whole Tesla thing. I think Culzean has a point. If you want an affordable new EV most people will think "Nissan Leaf" - if you want a used EV, there is a critical mass of used Leafs for sale. If you now want an affordable EV that will do 150 miles plus - well Nissan are there again with the second generation Leaf at vaguely affordable prices. In the meantime there are people who stumped up a £1,000 reservation fee for the Tesla Model 3 nearly 2 years ago now - they are still waiting.

So at least one traditional car maker is in pole position in the EV market.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: What is the average insurance cost for Honda Jazz EX CVT ?
« Last post by zzaj on November 17, 2017, 07:34:55 PM »
With protected NCB the no claims bonus is protected - NOT the premium.

So if you have a premium one year which is £1000 less a protected no claims bonus of 70% the amount you pay £300.

Next year, if your premium goes up because a claim (even if it is not your fault but you appear to be a higher risk e.g. you appear prone to have someone else collide with you) and the premium becomes £1500, then your protected no claims bonus stays at 70% and the amount you pay is £450. Without that protection and with a scale reduction of your no claims bonus to, say, 50% you would pay £750.

A bit difficult to explain but I think I have it right. (The numbers, of course, are only for example).
Many thanks Vic, like I said it's becoming a RipOff!

If we are paying extra for Protected NCB and not getting it, then in my opinion, that is fraud.

If you are right in your assertions, then we have no control over our insurance destiny and it's all down to the other guy!!!
« Last post by culzean on November 17, 2017, 06:42:23 PM »
I remember when the BBC today programme had five year olds picking shares and 'smart money men' doing the same,  I guess you know what is coming? The kids did better- could have probably done the same with monkies and the money men.  It is a guessing game, and when a bandwagon appears the smart money men fall over themselves to get on it, scared of missing something - but sometimes it is the 'emperors new clothes' and no one will step out of line.  The smart money men should have seen 2007/8 crash coming, but guess what - they were part of it and their gullibility and greed caused it......

Tesla has managed to squeeze a lot of federal and state money as well, but its not their money, and if they lose it they just put taxes up......

Warren Buffet, America's most consistent and successful investor will not buy Tesla shares,  guess what he invested $10Billion in General Motors,  now that is smart.

here is what Buffet said ...

Companies with big capital needs, but low profit potential - don't touch them

He said in his letter to shareholders, "The worst sort of business is one that grows rapidly, requires significant capital to engender the growth, and then earns little or no money."

You could be forgiven for thinking he was talking about Tesla specifically
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: What is the average insurance cost for Honda Jazz EX CVT ?
« Last post by VicW on November 17, 2017, 06:13:44 PM »
If you are involved in an accident that your insurance company are aware of your premium will go up, blameworthy or not, NCD or not.You have become a statistic.
It is becoming necessary to consider whether NCD is cost effective.

Vic.
« Last post by Jocko on November 17, 2017, 06:05:38 PM »
A big pile of other people's cash, they may even get a little bit of it back if they are very lucky and sell their shares before the house of cards falls down...........
Most of Tesla's big investors are smart money men, who make shewed investments and walk away with a profit. Many are big managed funds. Those guys don't risk their money.
Fidelity® Contrafund® is a huge investor in Tesla. They manage a $107 billion fund. No mugs there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything