Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by John Ratsey on Today at 12:08:19 PM »
And while it's in slow charge mode it's hogging one of the charging points.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Looking to buy first ever Jazz
« Last post by JimSh on Today at 11:06:35 AM »
One of the reasons I looked at the Leaf is Edinburgh is introducing Zero Emission Zones and because I work in the city centre an electric car could be a good idea.

I’d be very surprised if Edinburgh is contemplating a “Zero Emission Zone” which would presumably ban or charge all ICE cars. Much more likely is a Low Emission Zone which would ban or charge the worst polluters.

My home city (Bath) is also proposing a LEZ (they call it a Clean Air Zone, or CAZ) for exactly the same reasons as Edinburgh, but petrol cars that comply with Euro 4 & later - which includes the MK 3 Jazz - will be exempt. It’s more stringent for diesels, they have to be Euro 6, which has got a lot of people very annoyed.

But different cities are doing this differently, so if the impending LEZ/CAZ is a factor in your decision do check it out carefully, you may not need to go electric in order to comply.

Colin B is correct in saying it will be a Low Emission Zone.
Here is a link to a Scotsman article from last year .
https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/drivers-face-penalties-in-scotland-s-first-low-emission-zone-1-4552333
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 10:28:36 AM »
Had an Orange EX for two weeks now. Done 1000 miles. Pleased so far. One or two things coming to the fore.

- Went a bit quick onto a roundabout yesterday and got too close to a car leaving same and the Auto braking system came on. Quite effective but disconcerting as I was not going to collide anyway. Might be able to turn this off?

Bloody hell!! Provoking the auto brakes is really pushing your luck! It can't be turned off, it is a legal requirement on new cars, sounds like you are better off with it on.

Are you sure you don't mean the collision warning system?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Car Mats
« Last post by Skyrider on Today at 10:23:21 AM »
I have one of these boot mats, fits well and does the job.

https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel3.php?emulate=carbox&query=8306&vptype=589046

The CVT and MT cars have different front mats due to the footrest size. The drivers side mats are an unusual shape and generic mats will need a lot of cutting down to fit. Honda mats are not cheap but anything else will look like a bodge. I am sure you have heard about spoiling the ship for a ha'porth of tar.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: This damned tyre pressure warning system.
« Last post by Omits on Today at 09:44:09 AM »
Is the inflator supplied easy to use? I have read this post and am going to be prepared for this one. Hopefully the system doesn't beep for this!
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Re: Update android system
« Last post by Omits on Today at 09:36:58 AM »
So what is this Android s/w? Any source I can read about it? Thanks.
« Last post by Omits on Today at 09:33:12 AM »
Had an Orange EX for two weeks now. Done 1000 miles. Pleased so far. One or two things coming to the fore:

- Car Mats needed and something for the boot.
- Rims of the Alu wheels as usual easily scraped on badly designed kerbs. Watch out when parking!
- not sure I like the constant beeps when parking but I guess get used to them.
- Went a bit quick onto a roundabout yesterday and got too close to a car leaving same and the Auto braking system came on. Quite effective but disconcerting as I was not going to collide anyway. Might be able to turn this off?
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - / Car Mats
« Last post by Omits on Today at 09:28:15 AM »
I notice the fabric of the 'carpets' in my new Jazz EX is the type that scuffs easily. Any recommendations on a set of mats for the interior? I see Halfords do a set for £50 - any good?

The driver side has a plastic floor cover so maybe that side does not need a mat!?

As I carry garden refuse a lot looking for a good mat for the 'boot' or a w/proof foldable sheet.

Thanks.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric cars
« Last post by culzean on Today at 09:07:54 AM »
All is not what it seems in the murky world of BEV. Latest bombshell is that on Nissan Leaf fast charge can only be used a certain number of times in a journey - then the car says 'no' and switches over to slow charge ( hint - fast charging damages the battery a bit every time you use it).  It is a bit like having an ICE car that slows down the fuel filling to a snails pace after the first fill up of the day and your have to spend an hour or two at the service station pump trickling fuel in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-44575399

Another problem, ( extract from article in link)

"But Mr Pitcairn was also disappointed by the range of the new Leaf, which he bought specifically for long journeys.

His marketing brochure claimed the car could do 235 miles on a single charge.

But having bought the car, he found the range was actually 155 miles.
"
« Last post by ColinB on Today at 08:14:13 AM »
One of the reasons I looked at the Leaf is Edinburgh is introducing Zero Emission Zones and because I work in the city centre an electric car could be a good idea.

I’d be very surprised if Edinburgh is contemplating a “Zero Emission Zone” which would presumably ban or charge all ICE cars. Much more likely is a Low Emission Zone which would ban or charge the worst polluters.

My home city (Bath) is also proposing a LEZ (they call it a Clean Air Zone, or CAZ) for exactly the same reasons as Edinburgh, but petrol cars that comply with Euro 4 & later - which includes the MK 3 Jazz - will be exempt. It’s more stringent for diesels, they have to be Euro 6, which has got a lot of people very annoyed.

But different cities are doing this differently, so if the impending LEZ/CAZ is a factor in your decision do check it out carefully, you may not need to go electric in order to comply.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything