Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
My speedo is the same; I've never had a car with a speedo so accurate. Spot on when tested with the SatNav. Not even 1mph out! :)
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Headlights
« Last post by Kenneve on Today at 10:30:41 AM »
Have finally taken the plunge and purchased a pair of LED headlight together with the matching sidelights.

The initial installation went well although there did appear to be some surplus light radiating above the cut-off line, on dipped beam, particularly on the LH light. However a quick call to Duncan soon sorted it, he suggested that it was either poor location in the light unit or wrong setting of the adjustment on the bulb itself. The normal setting for RH drive is 8, but i found that this had moved, presumably during installation to around 9.5. The was quickly reset and all is now well.

So. for anyone fitting these lights, they are set to 8 as delivered, but just make sure that the locking grub screw is tight before installing.
I'm currently running with the in-car headlight adjuster set to 1 rather than 0 just to ensure that I don't offend anyone, so far so good and i am well pleased with their performance.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by Jocko on January 19, 2018, 10:27:09 PM »
My speedo is the same. Very close to the GPS speed indicators on my Sat Nav and Dash Cam.
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by John A on January 19, 2018, 10:03:46 PM »
With all the cars and motorbikes I've owned and checked against a GPS then the odometer tends to be spot on, even if the speedo is up to 10% out. My mk 2 Jazz has the most accurate speedo of all the cars I've driven recently, only a few percent fast.
« Last post by John Ratsey on January 19, 2018, 09:35:36 PM »
My 2005 got an actual of 48.08 MPG.
The board computer said 55.38.
(370 miles driven)

Did anyone else have such a big difference?
What could be the reason for such a big difference?
One possible cause of a big difference is that the fuel tank wasn't filled up as much at the start as at the end. This potential error will get smoothed out over time if you keep recording future fill-ups. However, the difference you are seeing represents 1 gallon (~4.5 litres) whereas any filling difference should be more than one or two litres.
1969 SS 125 A
1976 Civic automatic
1999 HR-V...

...and now a 2013 Jazz

« Last post by Jocko on January 19, 2018, 04:17:10 PM »
I agree with culzean (must be one of the few times :) ), driving style appears to make a difference. I notice a difference in accuracy depending on my driving style.
My Mk1 has the most basic computer, only showing the average mpg (I fitted a ScanGauge E to show instantaneous mpg) and I zero it every time I fill the tank. This works for me as I don't use the trip gauge for anything else, in fact I only ever move odometer off mpg when I am checking the mileage for a top up.
« Last post by zzaj on January 19, 2018, 03:14:46 PM »
Do you zero the computer at each refill? i.e. compare like with like.
« Last post by culzean on January 19, 2018, 03:13:59 PM »
I've often wondered what causes the difference between computer mpg and actual. I'm fairly consistent at the computer being 10% out (it exaggerates my mpg by 10%). This was pretty much the same on previous cars I've had including a VW Golf.

But here we have a 15% and there are drivers who record a very small percentage difference. Does driving style have anything to do with it?

I think driving style does play a part,  the fuel used data is gathered from ECU 'injector open times' and the miles traveled is gathered from speedometer.  I know the average MPG trip readout updates about every 10 seconds with a snapshot of the MPG at that time ( you can see this if you zero a trip and watch how often a new figure appears on the readout,  as the miles on trip increase it gets more and more sluggish to alter the MPG reading no matter how you drive, must be that any change in instantaneous MPG is averaged over greater mileage so makes less and less difference as trip miles mount up). If you are a particularly aggressive driver it makes sense that things can happen in between those 10 second updates that don't get recorded, but if you are a smooth careful driver the 'snapshots' and the time between snapshots would be more likely to be pretty much the same. 

Jocko is the most careful driver here so maybe he can comment on readout vs actual mpg he sees.

More likely explanation though is that the speedo normally reads 'fast' by up to 10% (by law it cannot read slow) so this could fool system that you have done more miles than you have actually covered,  so amount of fuel used spread over more miles is better MPG, and that is what the readout normally shows 'optimistic'.  Makes you think that trip and total mileage recorded by car is also 'optimistic' so that when you have done 110,000 miles you may only have actually done 100,000  :o

I reset one of the trips every time I fill up to get most accurate readout of MPG.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: I-shift gear oil
« Last post by culzean on January 19, 2018, 02:59:10 PM »
At what mileage should i change the gear oil in my i-shift jazz ??
I was told that it never HAS to be done but I did mine, with the correct Honda fluid, at 55,000 miles. Made no difference whatsoever but as I had no problems I guess I shouldn't have expected anything!

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

The i-shift is a standard manual gearbox and clutch that has been 'automated' - unlike the CVT which is a continuously variable system of pulleys and belts.   The CVT has special fluid that needs changing every 25,000 miles but the i-shift has normal manual transmission gear oil and is changed every 70,000, same as the manual Jazz. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything