Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
I am surprised that the Malfunction warning light has not come on. Normally the least little thing triggers it.

I know you mention spark plugs coming up when googling but not sure if you changed them? shortly after i bought mine i thought i had jerkiness from gearbox but turned out to be worn spark plugs causing misfire,basically the gaps were too big,worth a quick look maybe?
my gaps were obviously big without even measuring  and i took one lot of 4 out and tapped em smallerand was fixed! i changedall 8 for new that weekend and been perfect for 9 months since.

I will change 8 sparkplus this Saturday. I suspected the jerking issue and the car stall on highway incident were caused by serious misfire, not by CVT gearbox.

Last night I did a stall test. I put the gear to D, left foot fully press brake pedal, right foot press accelerator pedal to rev engine to 2500 rpm for 3 seconds. I tried to maintain rev at 2500 rpm but the engine lost power and jerked a lot.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Wing mirror mount cover
« Last post by weeleyboy on September 19, 2018, 09:41:35 PM »
Thanks Steve, that's very helpful - assume this is available from a main dealer?
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by ob13 on September 19, 2018, 09:26:48 PM »
bit of both then,supermarkets are 1.309  and if i go to right garage i can get esso at 1.329  some are much higher!
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Last post by Jocko on September 19, 2018, 08:35:15 PM »
or maybe we are unlucky the supermarkets dont go cheaper?
That may well be the case. I pay 1.267/litre at the supermarket and 1.399/litre from the Shell station. The supermarket price is up a couple of pence per litre just now, as the big Asda filling station is closed for a huge refurbishing programme. The other supermarkets don't have much competition!
« Last post by ob13 on September 19, 2018, 08:23:35 PM »
or maybe we are unlucky the supermarkets dont go cheaper? i chuck their diesel in my vw van no problem!
« Last post by Jocko on September 19, 2018, 08:12:49 PM »
I now pay the extra 10-15 pence or so a gallon
You are lucky you only have to pay 10 - 15 pence per gallon. I have to pay that extra per litre.
I found I got one or two mpg better using Shell (not the most recent time though), but there was no way I could justify the extra cost.
« Last post by ob13 on September 19, 2018, 08:06:36 PM »
The first few months with my car i experimented a bit and noticed a huge difference between proper garages eg shell/esso and supermarket fuel.I now pay the extra 10-15 pence or so a gallon and have good fuel everytime.

Last Saturday i drove from my home in Dorset via somerset to pick a mate and up to huddersfield and back in a day,filled up when we got there having driven nice and steady and with no traffic probs and had got over  53mpg.
 The plan worked perfectly and gave me a combined 45.5mpg over the whole trip having driven quicker home!

520 miles in a day it was and is the furthest i have driven for years and this little car really does continue to impress me,great little car!

I know you mention spark plugs coming up when googling but not sure if you changed them? shortly after i bought mine i thought i had jerkiness from gearbox but turned out to be worn spark plugs causing misfire,basically the gaps were too big,worth a quick look maybe?
my gaps were obviously big without even measuring  and i took one lot of 4 out and tapped em smallerand was fixed! i changedall 8 for new that weekend and been perfect for 9 months since.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Wing mirror mount cover
« Last post by Steve_M on September 19, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »
The black surround of the NS mirror for your car is 76255-TF3-N11 its 23.63 incl VAT.
Thou it does mean stripping down the majority of the mirror to fit it.

Part 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10